Ten Best Dog Beds for the Great Danes
The Great Danes! Known for their friendliness and large sizes, they are some of the most loved dogs on the planet. Their large size makes them unique among other dog breeds, though it comes with its fair share of baggage. Finding the best dog beds for the Great Dane involves getting one that suits its needs and can accomodate its large weight and size. Of course there are other factors that also have to be considered; factors such as the Great Dane’s fear of the cold have to be considered. Similarly, you may not like your Great Dane sleeping on your bed or coach. If so, old habits die hard. It is time to get your Great Dane the most suitable bed. In this article, we suggest some o the best dog beds for great danes to make your shopping experience easier and more enjoyable.
Here are our top ten pick beds for Great Danes
|The Dog’s Bed, Premium Plush Orthopedic Waterproof Memory Foam Dog Beds||Buy On Amazon|
|Big Barker Orthopedic Dog Bed for Large and Extra LargeBreed Dogs||Buy On Amazon|
|Brindle Soft Shredded Memory Foam Dog Bed||Buy On Amazon|
|Laifug Orthopedic Memory Foam Extra Large Dog Bed||Buy On Amazon|
|KOPEKS 7-Inch Thick High Grade Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed||Buy On Amazon|
|Better World Pets Waterproof Memory Foam Orthopedic Dog Bed||Buy On Amazon|
|Bully Beds Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed||Buy On Amazon|
|PLS Paradise Orthopedic Pet Bed||Buy On Amazon|
|Big Dog Beds USA Made Napper 8" Thick Plush Orthopedic Bed||Buy On Amazon|
|Furhaven Pet Dog Bed Orthopedic Pet Bed for Dogs||Buy On Amazon|
1. The Dog’s Bed, Premium Plush Orthopedic Waterproof Memory Foam Dog Beds
Weight: 14 Pounds (XXL Headrest Bed)
Colors: Grey with Black Trim, Grey with Blue Trim, Grey Plush, Grey with Pink Trim, Brown Plush, Grey with Green Trim, Grey with Orange Trim and Brown with Brown Trim.
Best Use: Suitable for all dogs of any age especially those that love to stretch out.
- Waterproof, protective inner lining
- Durable, soft, oxford outer fabric
- Medical-grade orthopedic support
- High-quality, luxury memory foam
- Recommended for pets with hip dysplasia, arthritis, supports joints and post-operation recovery.
The Dog’s Bed, Premium Plush Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed is a quality therapeutic supportive bed with removable covers that are easy to clean and maintain. It has a pillow and great body support for your dog. Similarly, the medical-grade orthopedic foam provides therapeutic support and is a good choice for dogs with hip dysplasia, arthritis, and joint problems. Moreover, the inner lining is waterproof to protect the beds from leaks while the outer cover made of Oxford fabric makes this bed quite durable.
- The medical-grade orthopedic foam provides therapeutic support and is a good choice for dogs with hip dysplasia, arthritis, and joint problems.
- The inner lining is waterproof to protect the bed from leaks.
- Both the inner and outer covers are removable for easy cleaning.
- The outer fabric is made of durable oxford.
- Not recommended for chewing and scratching dogs
2. Big Barker Orthopedic Dog Bed for Large and Extra Large Dog Breeds
Weight: 29 Pounds (Giant)
Colors: Burgundy, Charcoal Grey, Chocolate and Khaki.
Best Use: For Large Dog Breeds such as the Great Dane.
- 100 % soft microfiber cover
- Durable therapeutic orthopedic foam
- Easy to clean, machine washable
- Open-cell foam for breathability
- Comes with a 10-year warranty
Are you tired of replacing beds every other time for your large furry friend? Buy this Big Barker 7″ Pillow Top Orthopedic Dog Bed and you are guaranteed quality and durability. You will have this bed for so long, you will be bored. The durable, therapeutic, orthopedic, open-cell foam gives excellent support and round-the-clock durability. The microsuede covers also provide additional comfort and warmth. Your furry friend will certainly enjoy sleeping in such an amazing sleeping surface.
- This bed is made of American therapeutic orthopedic foam for excellent support and comfort.
- The covers are made of 100% soft microfiber which is both warm and durable.
- Removable cover that is easy to clean and maintain.
- It comes with a headrest for your dog to enjoy the extra comfort.
- This outer cover is not entirely waterproof.
3. Brindle Soft Shredded Memory Foam Dog Bed
Weight: 17 Pounds (Jumbo)
Colors: Khaki, Red, Stone & Teal
Best Use: Recommended for Extra Large Dog Breeds like Germany Shepherds and Great Dane.
- Soft, warm microsuede outer cover fabric
- 3 inches of orthopedic shredded memory foam
- Lightweight and easily portable
- Easy to clean zippered cover that can be machine washed
- Recommended for dogs with arthritis, hip dysplasia, and joint problems
The Brindle Soft Shredded Memory Foam Bed has been a perfect companion for my dog to sleep on in his crate. It is soft, warm and thick enough to support his 108-pound body. Although he experiences achy joints due to old age, this bed has significantly reduced his discomfort. We could never sleep through the night but with this Brindle Soft Shredded Memory Foam Dog Bed, we get several hours of sleep. The zippered cover is easy to remove and is also machine-washable for convenient cleaning, not forgetting that the microsuede material of which the cover is made is as soft as it is durable.
- This bed has a zippered cover that is easy to remove as well as washable in the washing machine.
- It comes in a variety of sizes and colors for you to choose from.’
- The cover is made of microsuede material that is both soft and durable.
- The bed has 3 layers of orthopedic shredded memory to provide maximum support and comfort for your dog.
- This bed is not a great option for chewing dogs.
4. Laifug Orthopedic Memory Foam Extra Large Dog Bed
Weight: 18.7 pounds (Jumbo)
Color: Slate Grey and Chocolate
Best Use: For dogs weighing up to 200 pounds
- Exclusive double pillow design
- Orthopedic Memory Foam
- 100% microfibers cover with a unique water-resistant design
- Waterproof liner
- Easy to clean and remove hair for shedding dogs
This Laifug Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed has a unique double pillow design to provide the much-needed neck support. The orthopedic memory foam is perfect for aging dogs and those with joint pains and even arthritis. Moreover, it is also durable as it surprisingly retains 90% of its thickness even after 3 years of use.
- Perfect for large dogs because of its size.
- The orthopedic memory foam provides great support for your dog.
- This bed is easy to clean and maintain
- It has a waterproof liner to protect the bed from wetness.
- The outer cover is made of soft, warm durable microfiber.
- Anti-skid bottom keeps the bed in place.
- This bed is not recommended for chewing and scratching.
5. KOPEKS 7-Inch Thick High Grade Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed
Weight: 10.9 Pounds (Extra Large)
Colors: Brown, Brown-Plush Top, and Grey
Best Use: For Large dogs
- Anti-slip bottom
- Soft, plush suede top cover
- Hypoallergenic orthopedic memory foam
- The waterproof zippered inner lining
- Zippered covers for easy removal and cleaning
This is one bed made with high-quality standards and it will certainly give you value for your money. The KOPEKS 7-Inch Thick High-Grade Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed is made of high-quality materials for durability, extra comfort and support. It is for this reason that the bed’s design is lauded as a great choice for relieving aches and supporting joints.
- The bed’s design is a great choice for relieving aches and supporting joints.
- It has removable covers for easy removing and cleaning.
- The top cover is made of plush suede fabric which is both durable and warm.
- The inner lining is made of waterproof material to protect the foam from wetness and bad odors’.
- After setting it up, it may need a few days to puff up.
6. Better World Pets Waterproof Memory Foam Orthopedic Dog Bed
Weight: 25.2 Pounds (Large)
Colors: White Sand and Wolf Grey
Best Use: For dogs weighing between 60-100 pounds in weight
- 5’’ thick premium quality memory foam
- Oval shaped foam bolsters
- Warm, thick fleece pad for extra comfort
- The outer cover is made of durable canvas
- Fully waterproof inner lining for both mattress and bolster
This Better World Dog Bed is recommended for dogs that love to snuggle for better sleep because of its bolstered sides which offer a great sense of security. The warm yet strong construction makes this dog bed highly durable. Moreover, given that it has fully waterproof inner lining for both mattress and bolster, the Better World Dog Bed is easy to clean and maintain.
- This bed has the extra density to give your dog the support it needs.
- The bolsters give extra support and warmth to your dog.
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Its inner lining is made of waterproof material to protect the foam from wetness and stains.
- This bed’s largest size can only support dogs weighing up to 100
7. Bully Beds Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed
Weight: 38.4 Pounds (Extra Extra Large)
Colors: Chocolate, Gray and Tan
Best Use: For Large and Extra Large Dog Breeds
- Non-toxic, medical-grade orthopedic joint supporting memory foam
- 20-year no-flat warranty
- Durable covers with soft microfiber outer cover
- 100% waterproof inner cover
- Easy to clean and maintain
Bully Beds are specifically designed to stand the test of time and that is why it comes with a 20-year no-flat warranty. The materials used are non-toxic medical grade to ensure that your dog is safe and comfortable. In addition to, it is made of thick foam for extra support and durability. On the other hand, the soft microsuede outer cover ensures your furry friend has some good zzzs in a cozy, warm sleeping surface.
- It is easy to clean and maintain.
- The waterproof inner liner protects the bed against wetness
- It comes with a 20-year warranty which is more than proof that it is a quality product.
- The bed is made of non-toxic medical grade orthopedic foam which is ideal in supporting joints and body aches.
- A little bit heavy thus it is not a good choice if you need a portable bed.
8. PLS Paradise Orthopedic Pet Bed
Weight: 13.9 Pounds (Large)
Colors: Brown and Grey
Best Use: For giant dog breeds such as mastiffs, Great Dane, Newfoundland, Great Pyrenees, and multiple dog use.
- Premium orthopedic foam base
- High-quality plush pillow
- 2-in-1 detachable pillow
- Unique high-quality fabric, suede, corduroy as well as corn kernel fabric
- Easy to clean a fully washable pillow and covers.
The PLS is a masterpiece design with its unique 2-in-1 detachable pillow top to allow the base foam to be used as a standalone mattress. Consequently, the PLS Paradise Orthopedic Pet Bed provides extra support and comfort for your dog. Likewise, as its name suggests, the PLS is a lietral paradise on earth for your dog. Additionally, the bed’s design is completed with durable covers made of stylish corduroy, faux fur and corn kernel fabric that offer heavenly sleep for your canine.
- This bed is made of premium orthopedic foam base to give your pet support.
- It has a 2-in-1 design with a detachable plush pillow and foam base which will allow you to use both pillows separately.
- Both pillows have removable covers that are easy to clean.
- The foam base has a waterproof inner liner to protect it from wetness.
- The covers are made of stylish and durable corduroy, faux leather and corn kernel fabrics.
- The bottom foam base cover and zipper are not strong enough.
9. Big Dog Beds USA Made Napper 8″ Thick Plush Orthopedic Bed
Weight: 24.6 Pounds (Extra Large)
Colors: Black, Buckskin, Celery, Choco, Grey, Navy, and Wine.
Best Use: Large to huge dogs
- 8 inch thick Napper Super Plush durable Orthopedic Foam with Therapeutic Pillow
- Durable outer cover fabric
- Easy to clean, machine washable
- Made in the USA
- Recommended by Veterinarian
- Comes with a 10 Year Warranty and 90-day full money refund.
This Big Dog Beds USA Made Napper 8″ Thick Plush Orthopedic Bed has been, tried, tested and found to be an excellent dog bed made of high-quality materials. The bed offers comfort and value with the dual-stage MaxC-flex-foam construction as well as orthopedic support provided by a therapeutic pillow. For at least two years, it retains 90% of its shape and comfort for dogs weighing up to 100 pounds. To top it up, it also comes with a 10-year warranty and a 90-day full refund on your money.
- This bed is extremely comfortable and durable with superior material construction.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- It is made with high-quality orthopedic foam which will not sag or flatten when it has been used for a while. It is so durable.
- Comes with a waterproof layer to keep the bed dry and clean.
- It is recommended for dogs with hip dysplasia and arthritis.
- This bed is a bit pricey but worth every cent.
10. Furhaven Pet Dog Bed Orthopedic Pet Bed for Dogs
Weight: 15.2 Pounds (Jumbo Plus).
Colors: Clay, Deep Pool, Espresso and Gray.
Best Use: For Dogs weighing up to 125 pounds such as Great Danes.
- Faux fur sleep surface.
- Warm sofa bed design
- A solid slab of medical-grade orthopedic foam for the base
- Bolsters made of 100% recycled ground fluffy foam
- The outer cover features durable, ultra-plush suede fabric
I absolutely love this Furhaven Pet Dog Bed Orthopedic Ultra Plush Sofa-bed design because it is very warm and cozy for dogs that love to snuggle. The top mat is made of soft faux fur which is also naturally warm and soft. The base, on the other hand, features a solid slab of medical-grade orthopedic foam to give your furry pet the extra support and comfort. The Furhaven is arguably the best dog bed for a Great Dane.
- Removable and easy to clean cover.
- Ver warm and comfortable faux fur top cover.
- Its orthopedic foam base is easy on joints and animals with arthritis.
- The bolsters are made of 100% recyclable ground fluffy foam and give the dog a sense of security.
- This bed is not recommended for dogs with teething behavior.
Factors to Consider when Choosing the Right Bed for your Dog
Dog beds come in different sizes and designs, so are different dog breeds. You should find a perfect fit for your dog, one that can accommodate your furry pet comfortably. Before settling for bed size, consider your dog’s general size and weight. Buy a bed that is able to comfortably support the weight without sagging and generally wearing out in a few months.
The material used to construct a bed can tell you if it is durable or not. Some beds are not durable and after a few washes, they come apart. The covers tear up and the fill cramps together and it becomes useless. You need to buy a bed with strong material construction and yet warm and easy to clean.
Different dogs have different sleeping styles. Dog bed manufacturers do understand this aspect and that is why they design a variety of beds, there are sofa beds, bolsters, pillow beds, flat mats and even raised bed designs. Depending on your dog’s preference, burrowing, snuggling or simply stretching out, there are bed designs to suit their preferences.
- Cleaning and Maintenance
Dogs are so much like us, and they can smell clean fresh beddings, that is why they always want to sleep on our beds. Check whether the covers are removable, machine washable and if they can be dried in the drier for easy cleaning. Some beds have to be washed in whole and they have to be air-dried which may take days or even weeks to dry depending on the season.
Dog beds are available in different prices, from the most expensive to very cheap ones. A cheap bed does not necessarily mean bad quality or expensive to perfection. You can find a good bed within your budget, look at reviews and recommendations.
We hope that this review article on best beds for great danes has provided helpful information. You can always contact us for any questions or clarifications.
Have fun as you shop.