Best Travel Beds for Dogs—Best Reviews
I believe that most of us would love to bring our dogs with us while travelling. You may want to go vacationing, or for a long visit with your family or even a picnic, yet you can’t carry with you the full-size dog bed. Therefore, most pet owners wish to have a simple and convenient dog bed solution while travelling. Given that there are a number of travel bed designs in the market such as dog crates, elevated beds and foldable mats, most people have trouble choosing the best design. For this reason, I have selected a representation of each design in this list of the top ten best travel beds for dogs.
Top Travel Beds for Dogs
1.Kurgo Loft Wander Dog Bed for Travel
Size: Medium and Large.
Color: Chili Red
Best Use: For use outdoors
- Waterproof Rufftex bottom
- Rugged Microtomic rip soft waterproof top
- Sewn-in handle for easy toting
- High-quality polytech fill
- Waterproof liners at the sides
The Kurgo Loft Wander Dog Bed for Travel bed combines convenience, class, and quality. This best travel bed for dogs that can be used in the car and also on the dewy grass while camping, fishing or when out in a picnic. It rolls in well like a sleeping bag and has a handle for easy toting. The premium-quality materials and excellent craftmanship make this bed beautiful, durable and easy to clean. So, if you want to invest in a good bed, buy the Kurgo Loft Wander Dog Bed. The fact that a lifetime warranty has been offered shows that the bed is made of quality you can trust.
- Accompanied by a lifetime warranty.
- Made of tough ripstop material
- Rolls up easy and fast
- Easy to clean and maintain using a washing machine and drier.
- It is a bit heavy for hiking.
2. Lightspeed Outdoors Fold and Go travel beds for dogs
Color: Grey and Blue
Best Use: Best used for car trravel and camping
- Microfleece cover surface
- Removable, overstuffed cushion
- Easy to clean and maintain cover
- Extra storage with four mesh pockets
The Lightspeed Outdoors Ultra-Plush Fold and Go Travel Pet Bed provides is not only comfortable but also offers extra support for your pet outdoors. As a matter of fact, it is home away from home. The upper surface features the soft 1680D oxford polyester, a durable and robust material. Moreover, the cover is zippered with two handles and four pockets for extra storage of all of your pets’ outdoor accessories. The fleece top cover and overstuffed cushion make the bed amazingly warm. It is foldable, easy to remove the lid with extra pockets for storage. It’s one of the best dog beds out there.
- Provides extra comfort and warmth.
- It is large enough for dog breeds such as standard poodles and labs.
- Easy to remove, machine-washable cover.
- Has a baffled designed inner cushion to keep the feeling from shifting.
- It is rather heavy for hiking.
3. PETMAKER Roll Up Travel Portable Dog Bed
Weight: 1.9 Pounds
Colors: Blue and Coral
Best Use: Best used for home, car, camping, travel, hotels and more.
- Loop fasteners and hooks
- Canvas and Faux Fur
- Memory foam filling
The PETMAKER Roll Up Travel Portable Dog Bed is a great outdoor bed, made with high-quality and durable materials. It is easy to carry, given that it is foldable and is equipped with a handle. Moreover, the PETMAKER comes in different sizes, thus it is suitable for small to medium-sized dog beds. The contoured design is a rather significant feature because it gives your pet more comfort and warmth. The entire bed can be hand-washed and hang out to dry so that your best companion can enjoy clean bedding. The PETMAKER’s durability, coziness and performance make it an outstanding choice among travel dog beds.
- The faux fur top makes the bed warm.
- The bottom part is made of canvas; a strong, durable and easy to clean material.
- You can roll it up and keep it away when not in use.
- Equipped with a handle for easy carrying while travelling.
- It is not machine washable.
4. Lightspeed Outdoors Self Inflating Travel Dog Bed
Colors: Charcoal, Brown, and Beige
Best Use: Outdoors
- Puncture-proof and water-resistant bottom
- Self-inflating inner foam mattress
- Warm fleece top surface
- Two nylon buckles for easy folding and transportation
The Lightspeed Outdoors Self Inflating Fleece Top Cover Travel Dog Bed appears to be a dull looking dog bed at first sight, yet it is remarkably effective in use. The most outstanding feature of this bed is self-inflation which makes it warmer, bouncy and comfortable for your furry friend. Moreover, the material at the bottom is puncture-proof, which means that it will protect your dog against any sharp objects that may be lying on the ground. Similarly, the materials with which the Lightspeed travel dog bed is made of is sturdy enough to withstand heavy teething.
- Self-inflates to provide extra comfort, warmth, and protection.
- Can be used at home as well as outdoors.
- The bed is very portable
- The bed comes with a one year warranty.
- It is rather thin,though its lack of thickness is compensated for by its inflatable feature.
5. Chuckit! Travel Dog Bed
Weight: 1.1 lbs
Best Use: Best Used for small and medium-sized dogs
- Super-soft poly-suede top
- Double offset quilts for extra comfort
- Water-resistant ripstop liner
- Built-in loop for easy aeration
The ChuckIt! Travel Dog Bed provides comfort on the go for your four-legged friend. It rolls up for easy traveling, can be used in the car as well as us outdoors for camping or at a picnic. In addition to, it is made of strong, durable material that is easy to clean and maintain. It is also important to realize that the sturdy materials can withstand heavy teething and remain in good condition even after several washes in a washing-machine.
- Very soft and warm
- Made of durable, waterproof nylon material.
- Rolls up nicely and is very light for convenient traveling.
- Unsuitable for large dog breeds.
6. RUFFWEAR- Highlands Pad Portable Bed for Dogs
Weight: 7 ounces
Color: Granite Gray
Best Use: Best used outdoors and can serve dogs of all sizes.
- Closed-cell foam design
- A strap to hold it together upon folding
- Weatherproof fabric as well as polished polyester
Suitable for summer campouts, the RUFFWEAR- Highlands Pad portable bed for dogs is made to cushion your dog from hard or rough surfaces while on a road trip. Given that it is hand-washed and air-dried, it can be cleaned while you’re out on your camping trip. Furthermore, the strap and sewn-in handle enable easy carrying, while the waterproof, polyester fabric makes the RUFFWEAR travel dog bed incredibly durable.
- Easy to carry along.
- Made of waterproof material to keep dewy grass from wetting the bed.
- Closed-cell foam design cushions the dog from the hard ground.
- It is made of strong, durable material.
- The material is not warm enough, especially in the cold season.
7. Cheerhunting Outdoor Dog Bed
Color: Blue and Orange
Best Use: In a car, indoors and outdoors for different pet sizes.
- Durable polyester material
- Can be rolled in the drawstring for easy carrying
- Durable, waterproof and easy-to-clean material
The Cheerhunting Outdoor Dog Bed is the ultimate travel companion for your furry friend. It is easy to pack up and travel with plus it provides much-needed comfort as you have a good time outdoors. The soft, water-resistant and breathable dog bed is also easy to clean and lasts long. Additionally, its large size can accomodate a dog of any size. The Cheerhunting travel dog bed is one of the best in the market and is very good for any outdoor adventure.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- It is hair proof; all you have to do is shake the hairs off after shedding.
- The sturdy cloth with which it is made prevents scratching and chewing.
- It is quite soft, and both sides can be used.
- It is less thick as compared to its counterparts in the market
8. Coleman Roll-Up Waterproof Travel Bed
Best Use: Outdoors for dogs weighing up to 75lbs
- Lightweight, portable bed
- Easy roll-up for convenience
- Waterproof nylon at the top and a non-skid bottom
- Polyester fill for warmth and comfort.
This bed is a simple option, lightweight for easy travel. The Coleman Roll-Up Waterproof is a simple, lightweight travel dog bed, featuring waterproof materials that protect your dog from the wet ground. It is also easy to clean. Throw it into the washing machine and you are good to go. This bed will do just fine for those once in a while camping trips. I am sure your pet will fall in love with it, especially with the range of colors available for you to choose from.
- Lightweight for easy movement when hiking or camping.
- Made of a waterproof material which protects your dog against wetness from the ground
- The polyester fill provides warmth and comfort.
- It is relatively less-thick when compared to other travel dog beds.
9. DogHelios Trail-Barker Travel Dog Bed
Weight: 8 ounces
Colors: Blue/ Dark Grey, Light Grey/ Dark Grey, Red/ Dark Grey, and Sunkist Orange
Best Use: Best for cold weather
- Made of PU coated nylon and polyester-cotton fabric
- The inner lining is made of a quilted film made using Black Shark Technology
- This bed has side zippers which can be used to increase the surface area of the bed
- It can be rolled up easily and carried using the handle.
The DogHelios Trail-Barker Multi-Surface Travel Dog Bed is ideal for cold seasons outdoors, specifically because of its design similar to a sleeping bag. This design allows your furry friend to furrow-in and get all-around cover for extra warmth. Purchasing the DogHelios will be an exciting choice for your dog to enjoy the camping trip. During the day, you can open it up so as to allow the dog to bask in the sun and also zip it up at night for it to serve as a sleeping bag.
- The PU coating prevents water from seeping through the bed.
- The Black Shark technology makes the inner side of the bed impermeable, wind and waterproof yet breathable.
- Its side zippers can join together as many dog beds as you may need to have all your pets sleeping together.
- Side zippers can also be opened up to increase the surface area of the bed.
- Provides enough warmth to withstand cold weather.
- Can hold up to 40lbs in weight.
- It comes in one size and cannot accommodate large dogs.
10. Brindle Soft Shredded Memory Foam Dog Bed
Colors: Khaki, Stone, Red and Teal
Best Use: Medium-sized dogs and also great for travel
- Comes in different sizes and colors
- It is filled orthopedic shredded memory foam
- The cover is made of soft, microsuede material
- It is lightweight and compatible with most travel dog crates.
The Brindle Soft Shredded Memory Foam Dog Bed is recommended for dogs with arthritis, hip dysplasia, and joint problems because it is an orthopedic bed. It is light, compatible with a travel dog crate while providing maximum support and comfort for your furry friend. In addition to, it’s cover is not only removable but also easy to clean. The Brindle Soft travel dog bed can also double as a travel bed and for use at home. This is the best travel dog bed you should consider when you have either an ageing or sickly dog.
- Easy to clean and maintain with a zippered removable cover.
- Generously filled with orthopedic memory foam recommended for dogs with arthritis and joint problems
- Compatible with most travel dog crates.
- It comes in a variety of sizes so you can order according to the size of your pet.
- Not a good choice if your dog is a heavy chewer.
What to Consider when Buying a Travel Bed for Your Dog
What is the size of your dog, do not buy a bed just because it is a suitable travel bed for dogs. Check the size because size translates to comfort. Also when traveling you want to avoid carrying so much, the weight of the bed may have to be factored in.
In as much as the traveling circumstances may be very different from the convenience of being at home, ensure that your dog is comfortable. Comfort is found in the materials used in filling the dog bed.
If you are going for a summer vacation by the beach, acquire a suitable bed for the same. The same applies to hiking, camping and other outdoor adventures. Consider the weather patterns and seasons in your destination before purchasing a bed for your dog.
What is your budget? how much are you willing to spend on your travel dog bed? Look for positive reviews of the bed that is within your budget and yet durable and comfortable for your bed.
A good quality bed should be able to serve your dog for many years. The material of the bed should be one that can sustain the dog’s weight, numerous washings, scratching and teething. There is no need for replacing a bed every time you want to travel.
Did you find this piece insightful? We hope you did. If you need a hand in choosing among the best dog beds out there, feel free to reach out to us, and we’ll be happy to help.
Besides Travel beds for dogs, you may also consider Dog Beds for Camping.