Having a stubborn dog can be stressful for any dog owner. They never seem to settle, always up and down breaking all the house rules. Not only do they cause chaos in the house but they may also run away from home once in a while. However, you don’t have to stress so much over this, as you can manage the situation by getting a waterproof dog shock collar. These vital gadgets play a major role in correction training for dogs.
Dog shock collars are available in two variations; there’s a type that produces mild sounds or vibrations and those that produce a strong electric current which can be a bit distressing for you and your dog. Whichever option you go for, the device needs to be reliable and efficient in dog training.
When choosing the best waterproof dog shock collar for your dog, durability and reliability should be your major concern. This means your dog can play in the mud or near water without causing any damage to it. This is where waterproof dog collars come in handy as they won’t pose any risk when your dog plays in or near ponds or puddles. There are various waterproof dog shock collars options available for sale on amazon.com and chewy.com that can be a bit confusing for some dog owners. To help, I came up with a list of the top 8 best waterproof dog shock collars, their unique features, and their outstanding pros and cons.
IPETS PET619S 100% Waterproof & Rechargeable Dog Shock Collar
Weight: 13.1 Ounces
Color: Black and Orange
Best Use: Recommended for dogs weighing between 10 to 100Lbs
- Dog shock collar with remote that covers a range of up to 220 yards
- Water-resistant transmitter and waterproof receiver collar
- Contains shock, sound and vibrations buttons
- Can support up to two dogs
IPETS made a bold statement with this sturdy waterproof dog shock collar. Both the transmitter and collar are fully waterproof which makes it suitable for training by the pool or on a rainy day. Talking of the correction modes, it features vibration, shock, and noises which can be adjusted between 1 to 100. On the positive side, this provides a wide range of choices for dog owners, but on the negative side, the 100-shock level can be devastating for small dog breeds.
- Waterproof design
- Various correction modes
- Adjustable transmitter for different uses
- Easy to use
- High intensity on higher levels of adjustment can be dangerous for small dog breeds
Educator E-Collar Remote Dog Training Collar
Weight: 7.7 Ounces
Color: Purple, Black, Upland Orange, Yellow and Zen
Best Use: Recommended for dogs weighing above 5 Pounds
- Simple but innovative design
- Selectable simulation levels range from 1 to 100
- Features a pavlovian tone
- Rechargeable batteries
- Uses a more intense tapping sound that’s similar to vibration
Educator E-collar seems more concerned with the transmitter rather than the vibration collar. That’s not so saying that the collar is terrible, it’s actually pretty above average. The transmitter has a minimalistic and handheld design which makes it user-friendly. The waterproof dog shock collar has a simple correction mode which only taps your dog gently. This piece is a perfect fit for small dog breeds who aren’t accustomed to the intense shocks of other dog collars.
- Pleasurable form of vibration
- Features various contact points for each breed
- Easy to use the transmitter
- Rechargeable batteries that have dual charging capabilities
- It might take a little while getting used to the boost
Garmin Delta XC Bundle – dog training device
Weight: 6 Ounces
Best Use: Suitable for dogs of all sizes
- Features a three-button controller unit
- Easy to comprehend LCD Display
- Contact points that are replaceable
- Covers a half-mile radius
- Can train up to three dogs
- Inclusive of tone, vibration, and 18 improved simulation levels
For ardent dog lovers, the name Garmin automatically relates to a dog product with top-notch quality and performance. Garmin has developed a renowned brand around devices for controlling cars and bikes, and their knack for quality has been extended pet products too. Garmin Delta XC Bundle – dog training device can be used to control dogs for up to half a mile radius. Not only does it have wide coverage but it also has a small and appealing design that can easily fit in your hand. It features 18 improved simulation levels which can be adjusted depending on your needs.
- Wide range of correction points
- Easy to hold
- Adjustable collar
- Small and simple
- Some owners raised concerns based on continuous stimulation
- Less detailed instruction manual
Dogtra iQ Plus – Rechargeable Waterproof 400-Yard Remote Dog Training E-Collar
Weight: 2.24 Ounces
Best Use: Recommended for small dogs weighing up to 10 pounds or more
- Features 100 adjustable levels
- Covers a range of 400 yards
- Reinforced with a selector switch which facilitates expandability to up to two dogs
- Rheostat dial which faces the front for easy operation
- Durable product made in South Korea
This device is a little different from its first 3 in terms of design and operation but works just as well. It contains three buttons with the initials NC and P. N stands for nick, C stands for continuous, and P for page. The deviation from the conventional design means that users need to test it first before they are able to comprehend the functions of each button. However, once you get to understand how it works, you’ll come to realize it’s pretty effective. This waterproof dog shock collar works like a charm.
- Strong and reliable transmitter signals
- Various options for the user
- Convenient settings plus the page feature
- Wide coverage
- Sensitive dialer
- Steeper learning curve
SportDOG Brand 425X Remote Trainers
Weight: 1.15 Pounds
Best Use: Recommended for dogs weighing 8 pounds or more
- Covers a range of 500 yards
- Waterproof and can be submerged up to 25 feet in the water
- Customizable transmitter button functions
- Features 7 levels of static simulation
- Rechargeable batteries
This pet collar is unique due to the fact that the remote can control up to three collars. Which means you can be able to train multiple dogs at the same time without any hitches. It comes with a customizable receiver that can be tweaked to serve various functions and dog breeds. Furthermore, the receiver is waterproof and can be submerged up to 25ft, which makes it suitable for training in dog ponds and dog pools.
- Inclusive of three collars for up to three dogs
- The collar can be adjusted for different dog breeds
- Easy to use
- Majors mainly on static option over others
- Inconsistent range
Petrainer Shock Collar for Dogs
Weight: 1 Pound
Best Use: Recommended for dogs of all sizes
- Comprises of three training modes namely vibration, static stimulation and standard tone mode
- Effective in correcting bad behaviors
- Rechargeable and waterproof receiver
- Has a remote range of 330 yards
- The adjustable collar which can be increased up to 25 inches
- Safe for your pet’s skin
Petrainer shock collar has many similarities to the IPETS model. It has a shock intensity range of between 1 to 100. Not to mention the static modes, noises, and vibration that are within that range. However, what seems a little bit different in this model is the adjustable collar which can be increased up to 25 inches. This means it can be used for both large and small dog breeds. The versatility makes it a good pick if you have many dogs to train, one at a time.
- Amazing collar adjustability
- Comes with an extra collar in case the battery runs out
- Correction mode has various options to choose from
- Pet safe
- Short battery life
- The static setting has a high-intensity rate which can be stressful for some dogs
PetSafe Yard & Park Rechargeable Dog Training Collar
Weight: 1.05 Pounds
Color: Black and Gray
Best Use: Recommended for dogs weighing over 8Lbs
- Covers a range of up to 400 yards
- Features 8 adjustable correction levels
- Uses replaceable and rechargeable batteries
- Waterproof and can be submerged up to 25 feet underwater
- Warranty and assistance support from U.S. customer care
Petsafe dog training collar is most appropriate for large dog breeds, this due to the adjustable collar that goes up to 28 Inches. It has 8 static correction levels with 2 separate tones. Its greatest selling point is that it’s waterproof and can operate even when submerged up to 25ft in water.
- Reliable and popular brand
- Can be adjusted to fit larger dog breeds
- The powerful range between receiver and transmitter
- Reliable customer service
- Doesn’t support contact points especially for hairier dogs
- Limited choices of settings compared to other models
PatPet Dog Training Collar, Rechargeable & Waterproof
Weight: 15.2 Ounces
Best Use: Recommended for dogs weighing between 10 to 88Lbs
- Features a buttoned remote with a 330-yard range
- Operates with shock, beep and vibration mode
- Anti-stuck remote
- Has a blind operation mode that facilitates its usability
Patpet training collar is one unique waterproof dog shock collar thanks to its blind operation feature. This feature helps users to make quick judgments without looking down or overthinking. The remote has an anti-stuck design which makes it easy to use. The waterproof collar is made of high-quality, pet-safe nylon that provides comfort while tied to your dog’s neck.
- Friendly user interface thanks to the blind operation
- Completely waterproof
- Can be adjusted according to different dog breeds
- Comfortable nylon collar
- Lesser settings compared to other collars
- Mixed reactions were received based on its effect
Choosing a waterproof dog shock collar can be tedious because there are so many of them in the market. The few we have reviewed on this post are some of the most reliable ones based on amazon reviews and the number of people who bought them. When buying one, the aim is not to hurt or punish your dog but to give an uncomfortable sensation in case of bad behavior on his/her part. If put to good use in conjunction with proper dog training methods, they can yield positive results in the long run.
Factors to consider when buying a waterproof dog shock collar
As always, we all want the best option for our four-legged furry friends. So, we came up with some factors you may consider when choosing a dog shock collar.
Most dog shock collars sold on amazon have a remote with a control range of anywhere between 200 to 400 yards. This will provide sufficient room for your dog to roam while keeping him or her under control.
- Number of dogs
If you have multiple dogs, you should get a waterproof dog shock collar with a remote that supports multiple channels. Such a remote will help you control multiple dogs by just adding an extra collar.
This is one of the major aspects that you shouldn’t overlook. You wouldn’t want that collar to get spoiled by just a dip in the mud, pool, or soaked in rainwater.
- Remote Control
Remote control that’s easy to use should be a good option. Therefore, when choosing, ensure that the control buttons don’t get stuck. Go for a remote controller with a locking feature since they work pretty well in almost all scenarios.