Top 8 Best Front Dog Carriers
Training your dog to go outside can be a bit of a hassle. While your furry friend is always faithful, they are full of energy and may act mischievous. If they don’t feel comfortable on the road, pups tend to create mishaps. To keep your dog comfortable, you may need a way to restrain them that also feels safe. Backpacks are great for this. But if you want to have maximum visibility and comfort for your pet, you will need a front carrier. Front carriers allow you to have your dog close to you, and always facing you so they feel protected even in large crowds. With a front carrier, you will never leave your dog behind, alleviating separation anxiety. Today, we take a look at the 8 best front dog carriers.
COODIA Legs Out Front Pet Dog Carrier
Weight: 7.2 ounces
Colors: Black, Blue, and Red
Best Use: Medium-sized dogs with chest girths of up to 22”
- Wide, Adjustable Straps and Padding for Comfortable Carrying
- Leg’s Out Design for Maximum Pet Comfort
- Two Side Zippers for Easier Access and Exit
- Lightweight and Convenient Carrier (9 g)
- Buckles to Prevent Straps from Falling Off
This carrier lets you carry your pet in premium comfort while alleviating stress on your back and shoulder. The legs out design gives your dog a chance to play with enough sitting room to hang on comfortably. This carrier guarantees you and your pup some safety and comfort while you are out hiking or jogging. COODIA Front Carrier tops our list of the 8 best front dog carriers because it is an ideal option for biking with your pet. The carrier comes in a nautical design that lets you and your pet stand out as you take in the best of the outdoors.
- Easy to Use
- Safe for both the pet and the owner
- Versatile- can be used as both a front carrier and backpack
- Various color and sizing options
- Not Airplane Approved
Best alternative front dog carrier on Chewy.com: OutWard Hound PoochPuch Carrier
NICREW Legs Out Front Dog Carrier
Weight: 8 Ounces
Color: Black, Denim, and Stripe
Best Use: Small Dogs Weighing Up to 8 Lbs.
- Easy in/out for quick access and exit
- Mesh panels for maximum ventilation
- Widened straps and shoulder pads for your comfort
- Drawstring top for added security
This unique, hands-free dog-carrier allows you and your pet pal to enjoy more outdoor adventures together. It has four openings for your dog’s legs, meaning they can explore the entire range of motion while you’re out hiking. It also comes with shoulder pads and wide strapping that keep the bag from digging into your shoulders. This makes the trip fun and comfortable for you and your puppy. The carrier comes in four sizes so you can find one that is perfect for your small dog. You have three styling options, plain black, denim, and stripe, so you can find one that matches your tastes.
- Wide, padded shoulder pads increase comfort for the carrier
- Different sizes and styling options for a custom look
- Breathable mesh material is comfortable for the dog
- Not suitable for dogs larger than 8 lbs.
Best alternative front dog carrier on Chewy.com: Outward Hound Front Pet Carrier
CozyCabin Latest Style Comfortable Dog Cat Pet Carrier
Weight: 1.2 Pounds
Color: Black, Blue, Green, Orange, and pink
Best Use: Small Dogs up to 12 lbs.
- Weight capacity: 12 lbs.
- High-Quality Sandwich Mesh and Oxford Fabric
- Buckle that connects with dog collar for restraint
- Adjustable front hole with a drawstring to fit pet’s size
- Adjustable straps to ease your carrying
The CozyCabin carrier appears on our list of the 8 best dog front carriers because of its superior construction and safety features. It has front and top pockets that allow for easy checking and perfect ventilation. The inside is lined with soft material to keep your pet comfortable while you hike together. The wide and adjustable straps make the load easier on your shoulder, allowing you to carry your furry friend for long periods. It has an adjustable waist strap to keep your pet safe and stable. The exterior is made of scratch resistant canvas, which is durable enough to let you enjoy your pet’s company for years to come. This carrier is excellent for carrying your small animals to hikes, bike rides and other outdoor adventures.
- Easy to use
- Rugged construction and durable material
- Buckle design prevents accidental exits
- Slightly pricey
Pawaboo Pet Carrier Backpack, Adjustable Pet Front Cat Dog Carrier
Weight: 9 Ounces
Color: Black, Red, Blue, Pink, Striped Blue & White, Colored Stripes, Camo, Blue Marble, Purple, and Marble.
Best Use: Small to Medium Sized Dogs
- Weight capacity: 15 lbs.
- 2-in-1 use: as a backpack and a front carrier
- Lightweight and portable for longer trips
- Sturdy fabric with sponge padding for durability and comfort
- Adjustable, padded straps for your comfort
- Two side zippers for easy in/out
This high-quality backpack allows you to travel with your pet in safety and comfort. It comes in four sizes, so you can easily find one that matches your dog’s dimensions. The carrier is constructed with plenty of mesh areas to provide adequate amounts of fresh air to your pet. It comes with two side zippers that allow your dog to quickly enter and exit the carrier. However, it is the legs-out, tails-out feature that puts this carrier on our list of the 8 best front dog carriers. The opening design maximizes comfort for your pet.
- Mesh back offers improved ventilation
- Comfortable, Padded Shoulder Pads
- Plenty of Color and Sizing options to choose from
- Not one for large dogs
Riveroy Legs-Out Front Pet Dog Carrier
Weight: 8 Ounces
Colors: Camo, Leopard, Mesh-Black, Mesh-Blue, Mesh-Pink, Mesh-Red, Rainbow Stripes, and Red
Best Use: Small to medium dog breeds
- Weight capacity: 14.4 lbs.
- 100% Polyester material
- Legs-out, tail-out design
- Adjustable straps prevent the weight from digging on shoulders
- Mesh side panels for optimum airflow
- Zippered sides for easy in/out
This legs-out, tails-out carrier offers your pet superior comfort and safe transportation. It is made from soft polyester material, making it lightweight and convenient to carry around. The carrier comes with wide, adjustable straps that keep the carrier from cutting into your shoulders and back when you carry your pet. This is top on our list of the 8 best front carriers because it offers face-to-face contact, keeping your dog reassured throughout the trip. You have a wide choice of colors and finishes to choose from, with various sizing options providing a custom fit for your dog.
- Highly Durable Carrier
- Soft 100% polyester makes it highly comfortable
- 2 mesh side-panels offer improved ventilation
- The design makes the dog stay secure and comfortable
- Only suitable for smaller dogs below 15 lbs.
Whizzotech Adjustable Pet Carrier Backpack Pet Frontpack Carrier
Weight: 8 Ounces
Colors: Black, Denim, Pink, Purple, Rainbow, Stripe
Best Use: Small dogs
- Weight capacity: 12 lbs.
- Legs-out tails-out design for your pet’s maximum comfort
- Easy access side zips
- Elastic, Velcro top enclosure
- Fully adjustable shoulder straps
- Internal leash attachment for safety
This front carrier makes it very simple to care for your dog when you are out on an adventure. It has an open-top, legs-out tail-out design to make sure your dog is comfortable while under your care. It comes with adjustable straps so you can customize the bag to fit your body type. The Velcro top allows you to instantaneously open the top pocket so your dog can take in its surroundings. Zippered sides also make entry and exit a quick, fluid motion.
- Breathable mesh promotes excellent ventilation
- Traction clasp fastens to the dog’s collar for safety
- Tails out opening ensure your pet is comfortable throughout
- May sway a little during sprints and jogs
GEEPET Legs Out Front-Facing Dog Carrier
Weight: 10.1 Ounces
Color: Black, Colorful Stripes, Denim, and Stripe
Best Use: Small to Medium Sized Pets
- Weight capacity: 20 lbs.
- Wide, padded straps for your comfort
- Legs out design for pet comfort
- Side zippers for entry/exit
- Hands-free operation
GEEPET front facing carrier features on our list of the 8 best front dog carriers because it is designed to deliver an enjoyable, hands-free experience as you go on trips with your dog. With this carrier, you can easily carry your dog without compromising your comfort. It is a 2-in-1 solution, in that you can use it as a backpack. The inside is lined with soft foam padding that adapts to the contours on your dog’s paws and tail, giving them additional comfort.
- Comfortable, heads out design
- Broad, comfortable shoulder straps make it easy for you to carry
- Not suitable for long-tailed dogs
Outward Hound, Lightweight Dog Backpacks Pooch Hound Front Carrier
Weight: 1.4 Pounds
Colors: Grey, Blue, and Green
Best Use: Medium Sized Dogs
- Weight capacity: 20 lbs.
- Lightweight, sturdy material for durability
- Multiple sizes to handle small and select medium dogs
- Interior safety harness improves security for your dog
- Mesh siding for ventilation
If you hate the look of your dog when you are about to leave them home, then you should get the Outward Hound Front Carrier. The bag comes in a fun design that keeps your dog feeling safe and comfortable while you explore the outdoors. The carrier is large enough to accommodate dogs weighing 20 pounds and can let them stay seated or sleep inside it. It is, therefore, perfect for small and medium-sized dogs.
- Comes in multiple sizes for a custom fit
- Mesh siding keeps the dog cool and comfortable
- Water resistant nylon fabric makes the carrier durable
- The bag ensures a snug fit for ultimate safety
- The carrier can be too large for smaller dog breeds
We have explored the 8 best front dog carriers for your enjoyment. Any of these carriers can help you enjoy outdoor adventures while bonding with your pup. Just be sure to check your dog’s measurements against manufacturers’ specifications before settling for a particular carrier. Here’s hoping that you and your furry friend can have fun traveling together.