10 Best Dog Beds for German Shepherds
Dog Beds for German Shepherds.
German shepherds, the most agile, and all-round worker in the dog family. Also known for their noble character and intelligence, the German Shepherd has built a reputation of being one of the finest canine companions to man. German Shepherds are fairly large Dogs that can weigh 100+ Pounds. They are attributed with great strength, intelligence and thus they are easy to train. They are also known as work dogs, deployed in the police and other armed forces to help with investigations, running after suspects and sniffing out illegal stuff like narcotics and even dangerous weapons such as bombs. After a hard day’s work, your loyal friend would want to take a deserved rest and that’s where the best dog beds for German Shepherds comes in.
As you can guess, dogs, especially in the police and the military are subjected to a thorough work out and training sessions. This is to improve their natural abilities as well as prepare them for their job. It is very important that they have enough rest and that translates to a comfortable bed. Some people, on the other hand, also prefer them as pets and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Here are some of the reviews of the most recommended dog beds for your German shepherd.
Ten Best German Shepherd Dog Bed Reviews
1.Petsure Extra Large Dog Bed
Colors: Navy, Ash Grey, and Brown
Best Use: Best used for XX-Large Dogs
- Rectangular shaped
- Grooved anti-skid bottom.
- Super Soft material.
If you are short of finances and looking for an affordable and comfortable bed for your German shepherd, you should settle for this bed. The PetSure Extra Large Pet Bed is made of a quilted cushion that is separate on the bottom as well as hooks and loop corners.
The most important aspect when shopping for a dog bed bed is finding something durable and of the right size. This bed right here qualifies as an item that you should add to your shopping cart.
- It is easy to wash and maintain.
- The dotted non skid bottom keeps your pet safe especially if the bed is placed on slippery floor.
- It is quite affordable.
- The sides don’t stay up after some time of using.
Best alternative on Chewy.com: Frisco Plush Orthopedic Dog Bed
2. Furhaven Pet Dog Bed
Colors: Espresso, Clay and Grey
Best Use: Jumbo size is designed for large dog breeds.
- Micro velvet top sleep surface.
- Firm rolls on the sides for an easy headrest.
- Water-resistant base.
I am attracted to this bed particularly because of its unique design. It is very ideal for dogs with raised sides. The fact that it is open on the sides the dog can stretch itself comfortably. It comes in colors that are easy to maintain and blend in with the house furniture as well.
I have been combing through customer reviews to check for complaints but I found none. Every single pet loved their new bed instantly. I am sure yours will love it too.
- This bed can be used by all dog sizes.
- It is easy to climb on.
- It is easy to clean, with the removable cover.
- You can buy replacement covers if they wear out or need a variety of colors.
- Not quite portable
3. Kopeks- Orthopedic Memory Form Dog Bed
Colors: Chocolate Brown and Grey
Best For Extra Large is recommended for heavy weighting in-door pets
- Made of high-grade orthopedic memory foam
- Inner Liner is made of water-resistant material
- The bottom is made with anti-slip rubber,
- Has a 3” pillow for comfortable head support.
This bed looks like a large cushion with a raised pillow on the side. If you want to get your dog off your couch, this is the solution. It is raised and made with two layers of water-resistant material. The outer cover has a zipper on the side for easy removing and cleaning. It is hard for any dog not to fall in love with this bed. My retriever loved it and I managed to keep Jim off my couch, your German Shepherd will definitely love it. This bed is a masterpiece, very humongous. Kids can even use it during a sleepover.
- The orthopedic foam ensures your pet gets healthy rest and joint support.
- The loose zippered covers make it easy to clean and maintain.
- The high-quality foam is durable and can comfortably support heavy weigh pets.
- Its rectangular open shape allows easy stretching.
- It is huge and can comfortably accommodate multiple dogs at a time.
- Depending on how it is packaged, it may take some time before puffing up especially the pillow part.
4. PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed
Weight: 6.16 Lbs
Colors: Chocolate Brown, Slate Gray, Sandstone with Plush.
Best For: The XXL Jumbo sizes can comfortably support a dog weighing up to 90Lbs.
- It is made of orthopedic memory foam
- Has a waterproof liner
- Smooth breathable cover made of 35% cotton and 65% polyester
- Removable YKK zippered outer cover.
You can dismantle this bed totally and put each part aside; the outer cover, the water-resistant inner cover, the bolster and the memory foam base. This means that you can easily clean and air it for better hygiene. It is a bit costly but worth every penny. When you are thinking of quality and durability you have to consider it as a worthy investment and that is what the PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed offers.
- Can easily hold a dog weighing 200+ Pounds
- It is easy to clean since you can actually remove each part aside
- The cover is made of self-warming material
- It is a bit pricey.
5. PLS Birdsong Trellis Bolster Plaid Dog Bed
Best Use: Suited for large breed dogs weighing over 75 Pounds
- A blue trellis pattern on the outer removable cover
- Filled with shredded foam for extra comfort.
- Removable two-sided cushion.
- Hidden zippers for pet safety.
The PLS Birdsong dog bed is both warm, comfortable and easy to maintain. The materials used are pet-friendly and durable. The design is simple yet serves its purpose just fine. It is large enough for the large pet to sprawl, stretch to any side and sleep in any position. The best dog for your bed should at least serve its primary purpose, comfort, warmth, and support. Different dogs have different sleeping habits; consider this before settling for his/her bed.
- It has a contemporary design that matches with house furniture.
- The cover has zippers for easy removing and cleaning.
- The pillow has two sides you can always change the look whenever you want.
- Made of soft material for warmth and comfort
- The zippers are easily broken making the bed dysfunctional.
6. The Dog’s Bed Premium Quality Bed
Weight: 7.1 Pounds
Color: Grey and Brown
Best Use: The XX-Large size is Suitable dogs weighing up to 175 Pounds.
- Removable, easy to wash the cover
- The cover is made of Quality Oxford Fabric that is water-resistant
- The filling is composed of a solid foam mattress
The reason why I love the Dog’s Bed Premium Quality Bed is that it is portable, and as its name suggests, it is a high-quality dog bed. If I have to go with my dogs in the car, I put it on the car seat for them to sit on. It is even easy to use in a crate for comfortable sleep. Simple but elegant is what I call this sleeping bed. It is a great dog bed for stretching out, playing on, sleeping and even just sitting.
- Waterproof removable cover for easy cleaning.
- Not warm enough for dogs that like to burrow into a soft warm bed material
Best alternative dog bed for German Shepherds on Chewy.com: Sealy Lux Premium Orthopedic Dog Bed
7. Superjare XLarge Outdoor Dog Bed
Weight: 11.1 Pounds
Colors: Dark Grey, Grey, and Brown.
Best Use: XLarge suitable for outdoor, camping or Beach sleeping for large dog breeds.
- Elevated pet Cot with canopy
- Portable, easily folded and packaged
- Great for outdoors.
Dogs, especially German Shepherds, love the outdoors. Whether a day at the beach, a picnic or a camping trip, this bed will come in handy. The canopy can be removed while the dog enjoys a cool breeze or bask in the sun. Its construction is user-friendly and requires minimum c
The Superjare Outdoor bed is a must-have if you are an outdoor person.
- Requires minimum care in terms of cleaning
- Raised from the ground to keep away crawling insects and dump ground
- Being an outdoor bed, it is not for everyday use.
8. Armarkat Pet Bed Mat
Weight: 9.8 Pounds
Best Use: Can support dogs weighing over to 100Lbs.
- Made of Heavy-duty canvas combined with soft plush on the top part
- Non-skid bottom
- Has an extra polyfill
- It has a waterproof lining.
The Amarkat Pet bed is everything comfort, especially for aging dogs or with joint problems. It has a soothing effect and great support provided by the heavy duty-canvas and the soft plush top surface rz
It is a great bed that will serve its purpose, it gives a lot of comfort and warmth certainly would come in handy during winter and the cold seasons generally.
- It is made of durable material as well as plush for warmth.
- It has a removable cover for easy cleaning.
- It has enough fill and comes in a large enough to support heavy animals.
- The Plush top can shed off if it is not properly cared for.
9. Brentwood Home Deluxe Gel Memory Foam Orthopedic Pet Bed
Weighs: 9.8 Pounds
Best Use: Large Dog Bed Sleeper
- Has a padded rim Cushion
- Non-skid bottom
- The bottom is made of grooved orthopedic foam
- Extra comfy cotton-padded rim cover.
This bed is ideal for those German Shepherds that love to snuggle, feel comfortable and secure. It is quite a masterpiece and blends well with other house furniture. The Brentwood Dog Bed is durable, warm and comfy with its bottom made of grooved orthopedic foam and a padded rim cushion. This bed is just amazing in terms of design, customized for your dog.
- It is warm and comfy
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Shedding comes off it easily.
- The sides can fall over with time
10. Best Friends by Sheri Luxury Donut Cuddler
Weight: 6 pounds
Colors: Frost and Taupe
Best Use: Best used for pets weighing up to 150lbs
- Round donut-like design.
- The bottom is made of water-resistant material.
- Has a faux fur finish for superior comfort.
The Best Friends By Sheri Domut Cuddler bed is for those pets that love extra comfort burrowing into their bedding on those cold nights. I love the fact that the larger sizes have zippers, hence the outer material is easy to remove and clean in the washing machine. There is no doubt that this bed is stylish, comfortable and uniquely designed. This will obviously be a great bed for your German shepherd.
- The bottom is made of water-resistant material
- Comfy and Warm
- It gives joint and orthopedic support.
- The bottom part is a bit thin for a large dog
What To Consider When Purchasing A GS dog Bed
German Shepherds are relatively large and heavy breed of dogs. You must get the right dimensions in terms of size so that your dog does not struggle to sleep with some of its body parts handing out of the bed.
Being heavy and large, a GSD dog bed should be a bit thick when compared to other dog bed types. This is purely for comfort so that your dog can get better rest.
The bed should be soft and yet hard enough to support the heavyweight, the most recommended is the memory foam because it is known to support joints.
Different beds are made using different materials, that is why the prices range from as low as 10$ to as high as 200$. Whatever your budget is, you will be able to find something suitable for your GSD.
Honestly, no one likes replacing items every now and then because of wear and tear. So when shopping for a bed, check for a material that is durable, the best way to know about durability is going through the customer reviews.
Comfort has a lot to do with the bed design, material used and to some extent its size. Different dogs love different sleeping positions, some, like to snuggle get a round bed with raised walls. Others love to stretch out, get a mat bed design and others a raised headrest.
I hope you found this piece on Dog Beds for German Shepherds helpful. Kindly share it with other dog lovers.
Besides Dog Beds for German Shepherds, you’d also like Best Memory Foam Dog Beds.
Dog Beds for German Shepherds