Top 10 Dog Rafts for Rivers and Lakes
As the temperature grows warmer over the months of summer, one of the best ways to keep your canine cool is a dip in the lake or a swim across the river. Some dogs are, however, anxious to get in the water and wet their paws. If you are looking to introduce your dog to the aquatic environment or you’d love them to cool off without tiring themselves quickly, then getting them a raft would be a great idea. These rafts resemble pool floats made for humans, but they are made from strong material that can withstand scratching from your dog’s paws. We have reviewed the top 10 dog rafts for lakes and rivers as a guide for when you decide to get your buddy one.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Raft for Your Dog
While our top 10 dog rafts for rivers and lakes list comprehensively breaks down your top choices, your decision to purchase one is subject to various conditions. Let us explore the factors that will influence your decision when purchasing a dog raft.
Your raft will be under constant attack from your dog’s scratching paws. The raft you choose should be constructed from material that is strong and durable. Some floating rafts are made of multi-layered material which increases the raft’s lifespan and scratch-resistance. Some materials are made to withstand constant clawing action. If available, go for rafts made from vinyl, which is one of the strongest and longest-lasting materials for that also increases buoyancy.
Size and weight restrictions are the most important things to consider when selecting a dog raft. The whole point of getting a raft is to spread your dog’s weight so that it floats on water. The raft should, therefore, be able to fully support your dog’s weight. The raft should also cover the entire area occupied by your dog’s body, so that they don’t come in contact with the water. It is advisable to measure your dog’s size and weight beforehand so you can choose a raft that can suitably handle your dog breed.
3. Intended Use
Rafts come in a variety of shapes and sizes, meaning they can be used on different water bodies. Some rafts can be used on lakes, beaches, and rivers while others are only meant for use around the swimming pool. Check with your manufacturer to see if the rafts they make are suitable for the areas you intend to take your dog.
The Top 10 Best Dog Rafts for Rivers and Lakes
The list below explores some of the best, practical dog floating rafts that will enable your dog to enjoy the water even when they take a break from swimming.
|Kelsyus Dog Floating Hammock||Buy On Amazon|
|Paws Aboard Dog Float||Buy On Amazon|
|SwimWays Paddle Paws Dog Float||Buy On Amazon|
|Kelsyus Floating Chair||Buy On Amazon|
|Intex River Run Tube||Buy On Amazon|
|Swimline Dog Days Raft||Buy On Amazon|
|Milliard Dog Raft||Buy On Amazon|
|Kelsyus Floating Lounger||Buy On Amazon|
|PUPTECK Dog Float||Buy On Amazon|
|Intex Canopy Lounge||Buy On Amazon|
1. Kelsyus Dog Floating Hammock
- Size: 69″L x 35″W x 5. 5″H when inflated
- Multipurpose: For Use in pools and Lakes
- Includes Mesh Bed for Increased Comfort
- Comes with Side Clips for Tethering
- Quick Inflation using Jet Valve
This raft is perfect for use in lakes, slow-moving rivers and swimming pools. The Kelsyus Hammock comes with a strong fabric that can resist the toughest claw action by your pup. It comes with an inner spring that sits around the edge of the hammock, which improves stability and comfort. Mesh material that makes the main bed area is slightly lowered so that your dog will always be below water level while staying bone-dry.
- Supports up to 115 Kgs.
- Inner spring improves comfort and stability
- Folds up for easy storage and transportation
- Can be tethered when not in use
- Air valve may fail to close after inflation
2. Paws Aboard Dog Float
- Size: Small-30 “x 23 “x 4 “, Large- 50 “x 40 “x 6 “, Extra Large- 70” ×55” ×9”
- Made with puncture-resistant vinyl material
- Easy to Inflate/Deflate
- Paw-Shaped surface to increase lounging room
The Paws Aboard floating raft is made of durable, UV-resistant vinyl material that will ensure your dog enjoys dips for a long time. It features a small hole on its side that allows all fabric layers to lay flat in the water, enhancing stability. Inflating the raft is quick and easy, so you and your dog will be ready to explore the water within minutes.
- Comes in three different sizes, suitable for all dog breeds.
- Stylish, paw-shaped design helps your dog stand out.
- Inflation and Deflation is quick and easy.
- Made with long-lasting, puncture-resistant material
- Needs proper maintenance after the first season of use.
3. SwimWays Paddle Paws Dog Float
- Size: Small- 51.5″L x 31″W x 9″H, Large- 64 5″L x 43 25″W x 9″H
- Durable, puncture-resistant fabric with paw-friendly covering
- Fold flat for easy storage and transportation
- Improved temperature regulation
This raft from SwimWays offers your dog a way to cool off in style. It comes with inserts on the side that allow water to infiltrate to the underside of its mesh bed, keeping your pet cool throughout its dip. It also comes with easy-to-use jet valve technology that hastens the inflation and deflation process. It is made of strong fabric that can withstand even the most aggressive dogs. The raft comes with a metal spring and tubing, which reinforces the material.
- Supports large dogs >65 pounds.
- Quick Inflation Using Jet Valve Technology
- Quick deflation for easy transportation and storage.
- Air valve can be difficult to operate
4. Kelsyus Floating Chair
- Size: 39″L x 39″W x 17″H When inflated
- Supports up to 250 Pounds Weight
- Multipurpose: suitable for use in lakes, pools and slow rivers
- Mesh seat for improved comfort
- Easy to Store and transport
While designed specifically for humans, the seat-shaped raft can accommodate large dog breeds weighing up to 250 Lbs. It comes with an inner spring along the tubing to ensure stability when floating. Since it is designed for users who want to lean back and plop on the seat, it has features that improve stability by reducing the chance of flipping over. It allows a little water under the mesh to keep your dog cool, without a full submersion.
- Comes with side clips for tethering
- Supports large weights up to 250 Lbs.
- Improved Stability
- Durable Material
- Difficult to store in confined spaces as it does not fold flat
5. Intex River Run Tube
- Size: Diameter 53”
- Includes all-round rope for increased control
- Built-in backseat for lounging
- Mesh bottom for temperature regulation
This floating tube from Intex comes with a built-in backrest that offers improved support and comfort when your dog is cruising on water. It has a mesh bottom that improves the cooling effect and comfort when your dog is playing in water. It comes with two handles and an all-round grab rope, making sure your dog will always be within reach. Even when exposed to the sun for extended periods, the vinyl material will always keep cool.
- Sturdy construction stands up to clawing by your dog
- Comes with handles and a grab rope for increased control
- Multipurpose: safe for use in lakes, rivers and beaches
- Cost friendly
- May leak at the valves and seams
6. Swimline Dog Days Raft
- Stylish, Bone-shape construction
- Durable vinyl material
- Suitable for medium-to-large dog breeds
- Easy to Inflate and Deflate
This floating raft by Swimline is a fun way for your dog to enjoy a relaxing afternoon in the swimming pool. It is made for use with humans, which means it can accommodate larger dogs. It is made in the shape of a bone, so your dog will turn heads wherever it floats to. It is a simple, one-piece structure that can be deflated and folded in a few quick moves.
- Simple, durable construction
- Easy to store and transport
- Material tends to overheat in the sun
7.Milliard Dog Raft
- Multipurpose: Perfect for use in pools, ponds and lakes
- Dimensions: 50” x 40” x 7.5”
- Ideal for Medium-to-large dog breeds up to 110 Pounds
- Comes with Cup Holders
This float by Milliard is the perfect way to enhance relaxation for your dog while eliminating stress and anxiety. It is paw-shaped and can accommodate large dogs weighing up to 110 Pounds. It is durable, made from UV-resistant vinyl, and covered in stain resistant suede-like material that keeps the float mildew free.
- Can accommodate large dogs/two small breeds
- Can be used as a drink holder
- Small dogs may need help getting onto this float
8. Kelsyus Floating Lounger
- Multipurpose: for use in pools, lakes or on the beach
- Side clips for tethering to boats and docks
- Mesh seat for ultimate comfort
- Lightweight and portable
- Size: 56″L x 38″W x 5.5″H
While designed for humans, this float is ideal for large dog breeds weighing up to 250 Lbs. It is sturdy enough to withstand clawing by even the large dog breeds. It’s fabric covering is both aesthetic and functional. This float made our top 10 dog rafts for rivers and lakes list because of its ingenious design that allows for a combination of lounging and floating.
- Can hold large dog breeds
- Comes with side clips for tethering
- Designed for use by both dogs and humans
- Flimsy side clips may require carabineer reinforcement
9. PUPTECK Dog Float
- Size: 50” ×29” ×5”
- High-quality, chew-resistant PVC material
- Strong, Durable Construction
- Collapsible, Easy to Store
This comfortable, stylish raft is made for small to medium sized dog breeds. It comes in blue with bright yellow patterns that reflect the summer mood. The raft is made of high-grade PVC material which can stand chewing and clawing even by aggressive dog breeds. It has a small drainage hole that keeps the raft afloat.
- Anti-chew PVC Fabric
- Smart drainage design for stability
- Easy to store and transport
- Requires some skill to properly inflate
10. Intex Canopy Lounge
- Dimensions: 78” × 59”
- Has air chambers for improved safety
- Detachable sun-shade for enhanced comfort
- Has built-in cup holders
This floating raft from Intex is highly customizable, giving you the option to cool off your dog with or without the sun shade. It comes with a built-in rest area that supports any position your dog may choose to lounge in. It comes with two air chambers that keep the lounge afloat, which ensures safety and comfort for your dog,
- Enhanced comfort
- Detachable Sunshade
- Improved safety and guaranteed floatation
- Not ideal for larger dogs
We hope this list of top 10 best dog rafts for lakes and rivers serves as a handy companion when getting a float for your dog. Rafts will help you train your dog how to swim while alleviating anxiety that comes from touching water. You should definitely get one if you plan to introduce your dog to water bodies.