Ten best dog beds for winter
Where do you like spending your time during the cold winter periods? In a cozy warm place or next to the fireplace, right? Your pup most probably feels the same way. Your furry friend, in addition to his fur coat, needs a warm, comfortable place to keep them warm in addition in winter. For this reason, consider getting one of the best dog beds for winter for your dog. Your canine friend will love to snuggle and cuddle in a plush, soft bed and believe it or not, their love for you will be tenfold if the bed has a heating mechanism.
Whereas there are several beds in the market to keep your loyal friend warm, not all are appropriate for winter seasons. For this reason, we have compiled a list of the ten best dog beds for winter just for you.
|Aspen Pet Self Warming Beds||Buy On Amazon|
|K&H Cat and Dog Electric Heated Beds||Buy On Amazon|
|Thermotex Far Infrared Heating Pet Bed||Buy On Amazon|
|Blueberry Pet Heavy Duty Pet Bed||Buy On Amazon|
|ALEKO PHBED17S Electric Thermo-Pad Heated Pet Bed||Buy On Amazon|
|Best Friends by Sheri Calming Shag Vegan Fur Donut Cuddler||Buy On Amazon|
|Best Friends by Sheri OrthoComfort Deep Dish Cuddler||Buy On Amazon|
|Majestic Pet Poly-Cotton Sherpa Bagel Dog Bed||Buy On Amazon|
|Furhaven Pet Dog Bed | Orthopedic Round Cuddle Nest Snuggery Burrow Blanket Pet Bed||Buy On Amazon|
|Snoozer Cozy Cave Pet Bed in Poly Cotton||Buy On Amazon|
Aspen Pet Self Warming Beds
Weight: 2.7 Pounds.
Color: Barn Red/Cream and Multi
Best Use: Road trips and vacations in winter.
- Designed using a heat-reflecting technology .
- Non-skid bottom.
- It has a faux lambs wool bed design.
- Has plush sides.
- Designed in different sizes.
Aspen Pet Self Warming Beds is one of the best beds for winter with its unrivalled self-warming technology. Aspen Pet Self Warming Bed is fitted with heat-reflective Mylar material that absorbs the dog’s heat first then reflects it back to the dog’s body to keep him warm. Moreover, it is also bolstered to give your dog a sense of security and comfort.
The self-warming effect soothes the dog’s body and eases anxiety and stress while the sleeping surface made of plush faux lamb’s wool provides maximum comfort and warmth. It’s easy to tell why it tops my list of the best dog beds for winter.
- Provides warmth by reflecting the pet’s own body heat.
- Perfect for slippery tiles.
- Very comfortable with the best sleeping experience.
- Perfect for dogs that love to cuddle.
- Fit for dog breeds of all sizes.
- Crinkly sound from the reflective film scares off some dogs.
K&H Cat and Dog Electric Heated Beds
Weight: 4.4 Pounds.
Color: Sage and Tan.
Best Use: Outdoor and travel winter bed.
- Has a soft orthopedic foam.
- Designed with thermostatically-controlled heating technology.
- Portable design.
- 60 watts steel cord.
- Meets the USA/CA standards.
- 1-year warranty.
This electrically heated bed is a fantastic way to pamper your dog during the chilling winter period. It is ideal for both indoor and outdoor use when traveling. It is made of a soft but durable materials suitable for the pet’s house, barn, garage, or any other general outdoor application. Furthermore, it has a steel wrapped cord to ensure your pet’s safety and a free fleece cover to top it up.
- It helps to ease joint and muscle pains.
- Responds to the environmental temperature to keep your pet warm.
- Ideal for outdoor and travel.
- It is electrically powered.
- Certified to be safe for your pet.
- It is not effective when the power goes off.
Thermotex Far Infrared Heating Pet Bed
Weight: 4.7 Pounds.
Best Use: Aging and sick dogs.
- Produces a deep-penetrating infrared heat.
- ISO certified and meets the FDA health standards.
- It has removable covers.
- Orthopedic memory foam.
- 1-year warranty.
Chilly winters can worsen your dog’s joint and muscle pains, especially in arthritic dogs. Similarly, getting an ordinary heating pad may not help much as the heat merely warms the surface but not deep tissues. For this reason, you need to get Thermotex Far Infrared Heating Pet Bed.
This dog bed has a beautiful design with bolstered sides and is fitted with a unique infrared heating pad that offers optimum heat therapy and comfort to your dog. Through this technology, the infrared heat energy penetrates two inches deep into the tissues, thus helping with the circulation of oxygen and nutrients to injured tissues to promote cell regeneration. Given its excellent features, especially the infrared heating system, the Thermotex dog bedIt couldn’t miss out on the top three spots on this best dog beds for winter list.
- Relieves pain and heals inflammations.
- Breathable and safe for your pet.
- Covers are machine-washable.
- It is very comfortable.
- Not suitable for chewers!
Blueberry Pet Heavy Duty Pet Bed
Weight: 6.4 Pounds.
Color: Baby Pink, Beige, Baby Blue, Mahogany, Beige Leaves, Pink, Blue, Paisley, Tango Red, Tango, and Multi-Colored.
Best Use: Arthritic and aging medium dog breeds.
- It has a removable cover with zippers.
- High-quality linen, polyester and cotton materials.
- It is filled with micro-fiber which 100% eco-friendly.
- Sofa-design with bolsters.
- The base is soft and cozy.
Give your little canine friend this beautiful rectangular bed for optimum rest and a place to catch the zzz’s moment. This bed has three bolstered sides that give your dog virtually three pillows to support not only his neck but also his spinal and body.
The bed is spacious too, to allow your hound to snuggle and stretch his body hassle-free. Even though this bed lacks the orthopedic memory foam, it has a soft and cozy base filled with micro-fiber fill for optimum comfort. The bed also has a removable, machine-washable cover that makes its maintenance quick and straightforward.
- Easy to clean.
- Very durable.
- Breathable and safe for your pet.
- Gives the pet a sense of security.
- It provides an ultimate sleeping experience.
- Cannot withstand heavy teething behavior!
ALEKO PHBED17S Electric Thermo-Pad Heated Pet Bed
Weight: 2 Pounds.
Color: Gray and White.
Best Use: All-weather orthopedic bed.
- The bed is electrically powered.
- Ultra-soft cushioning.
- Has a cord with a chew proof coating.
- Internal thermostat technology.
- Overstuffed edges to foam bolsters.
- Non-skid bottom.
The Aleko Thermo-Pad Heated Dog Bed is yet another comfortable and cozy bed for your dog during the cold winter period. The perimeter is overstuffed to form bolsters that provide security, comfort, and warmth for your dog while the stylish octagon-shaped design makes it an irresistible dog bed with in the market today. In addition to, it has an internal heating element supplemented by internal thermostat technology for self-temperature regulation. You don’t have to worry about controlling the temperature at all. Your dog will definitely enjoy burrowing and snuggling to keep cold at bay in winter.
- Keeps your dog warm at all times.
- Very comfortable and easy on the skin.
- Safe for your dog with no risk of electrocution.
- The bed’s temperature is automatically regulated.
- Very comfortable with a high sense of security on your pup.
- Suitable for any type of floor.
- It does not remain warm when the power goes off.
Best Friends by Sheri Calming Shag Vegan Fur Donut Cuddler
Weight: 2.2 Pounds.
Color: Taupe and Frost.
Best Use: Dogs that love to curl.
- Round shape with raised rims.
- Has a super-soft filling.
- It is finished with flexible and cozy faux shag fur.
- Designed with self-warming technology.
- Designed in beautiful colors.
- Dirt and water-resistant bottom.
- Manufactured with faux and nylon.
- The bed is machine-washable.
This beautiful dog bed Calming Shag Vegan Fur Donut Cuddler from Best Friend by Sheri is an exceptional collection, providing warmth reminiscient of a mother’s fur coat. Gifting this trendy warm dog bed to your little loyal friend will ensure that he has quality sound sleep that improves pet behavior and health, especially during cold winter seasons. Its versatile design allows for burrowing and curling while the water and dirt resistant bottom help prevent any accidental messes from reaching your floor or carpet. Furthermore, it is made of durable nylon and quality faux fur that comes in natural colors to complement your home décor.
- Provide perfect headrest and a sense of security.
- Supports good sleep and relieves joint pains.
- The bed is very comfortable.
- It provides the ultimate warmth.
- Blends well with the home décor.
- Remains dry at all times.
- Materials are pet-safe.
- Cannot withstand teething behavior
Best Friends by Sheri OrthoComfort Deep Dish Cuddler
Weight: 3 Pounds.
Color: Beige Sherpa, Brown Sherpa, Chocolate Illan, Fuchsia Sherpa, Pink, Teal, Tidepool, Wheat Illan, and Gray Illan.
Best Use: Perfect for small and medium-sized pets.
- It has high walls.
- Sofa design.
- 9-inch front bolsters and 15 inch rear bolsters.
- High-quality fabric.
- Stylish range of colors.
- Waterproof bottom.
- Machine washable.
This is yet another comfy bed from Best Friends by Sheri. Its raised rims design provides the ultimate warmth that your dog deserves during the winter season. The self-warming technology helps to keep your pet dog warm and comfortable throughout the nap session without using electricity. In addition to, its curved front end provides extra orthopedic support to the neck and head, whereas the raised deep back end offers excellent support to relieve joint pains. To top it up, this winter dog bed is made of quality, machine-washable faux fur and nylon material for your convenience.
- It provides warmth and a sense of security.
- Supports a peaceful sleep.
- Extra orthopedic support and perfect neck and head rest.
- Very durable.
- Adds to the home décor.
- The bed stays dry.
- No odor or fur on the bed.
- Not available for large dog breeds.
Majestic Pet Poly-Cotton Sherpa Bagel Dog Bed
Weight: 9.1 pounds.
Color: Black, Green, Blue, Burgundy, Khaki, Gray, and Red.
Best Use: Arthritic dogs.
- Its Denier base is waterproof.
- Manufactured with high-quality Polyester fill.
- Has bolsters on the sides.
- Made in the USA.
- It is machine-washable.
If you are looking for something special to treat your little furry friend, get this bolstered dog bed which is warm and cozy. It is ideal for cold winter periods and comes in four sizes that can accommodate small breeds like Chihuahua to a German shepherd. This beautiful bolstered dog bed is made of high-quality poly-cotton twill, which makes it quite durable and resistant to water, oil, and adverse weather. However, unlike other best dog beds for winter, it may not withstand constant teething and chew by the pet. Nevertheless, the denier bottom material is waterproof to prevent any accidental mess from reaching your floor.
- It does not absorb wetness and spills.
- Gives the best sleeping experience.
- Perfect for head and neck rest.
- Highly durability is guaranteed.
- Not suitable for heavy chewers
Furhaven Pet Dog Bed | Orthopedic Round Cuddle Nest Snuggery Burrow Blanket Pet Bed
Weight: 6.7 Pounds.
Color: Espresso, Navy, Sage, Silver, Blue, Cream, Gray and Pink.
Best Use: Dogs that love to burrow.
- Fit with a hood blanket.
- Has a cave design burrow tent.
- Thick and fluffy sleeping surface.
- The cozy foam base has an egg-crate shape.
- It comes in different colors and sizes.
- Machine-washable removable cover.
The FurHaven Snuggery Dog Bed is a spacious dog bed that has been proven to be one of the best orthopedic bolstered dog beds in the market and that makes it among best dog beds for winter. Its design provides adequate space for dogs of different sizes and is a perfect fit for dogs that love to burrow in blankets and other cozy warm spots, especially if it is cold like in winter.
The thick orthopedic foam used in this luxurious dog bed, helps to support your hound’s delicate body and reduce chances of injury to the joints caused by hard surfaces. This bed is also one of the best orthopedic dog beds to spoil your loyal friend. The excellent foam base and egg-crate shape gives your dog a haven to retire and enjoy a good nap.
- It provides ultimate warmth to the pet.
- Perfect for burrowing.
- It is very comfortable.
- Easy on muscles and joints.
- Adds to your home décor and can serve a wide range of dog sizes.
- Easy to keep clean.
- One of the best winter dog beds
- It gives way when scratched or bitten.
Snoozer Cozy Cave Pet Bed in Poly Cotton
Weight: 18.4 Pounds.
Color: Khaki, Medium Blue, Navy, Olive, and Red.
Best Use: Arthritic dogs.
- Internal Sherpa lining.
- Removable cover.
- Fitted with tough zippers.
- Orthopedic bed design.
- Made with high-quality fabric.
- Helps to regulate the temperature in both summer and winter.
- Easy to clean, bad odor is a problem of the past.
- Very durable.
- Perfect for arthritic dogs.
- Matches beautifully with the internal décor.
Here, style meets functionality! See, The Snoozer Cave Pet Bed’s unique design is meant to provide maximum warmth during the cold winter weather, and I know you may love to cuddle inside this bed just like your dog would love to get a deep sound sleep in it.
The Snoozer Cozy Cave Pet Bed in Poly Cotton is an exceptional cave, perfect for dogs that love to burrow under blankets. The inner lining of this unique bed is made of faux sheepskin, which is super soft and amazingly warm to pamper your little furry friend without the need for electricity. Though last on this list, it’s one of the best dog beds for winter.
- The fabric cannot withstand heavy teething.
Buyers Guide: What to Consider Before Choosing Best Dog Bed For Winter
Before we dive into the features to consider before buying the best dog bed for winter, let’s have a look at the four main types of warm beds available in the market.
- Traditional beds
The traditional rectangular beds are the least warm beds in this category, though, they are far better an option than letting your loyal friend sleep on the cold, hard floor. This type of bed, however, needs to have thick foam and a bit of stuffing to make it more cozy and warm.
- Enclosed or what is commonly called “Cuddler” beds
The enclosed beds are more like the traditional beds except for their unique half-dome shape in most. This type of bed, in most cases, are made of super soft faux fur sheep wool or Sherpa cotton for the maximum warmth and comfort. The design of the bed helps to preserve the dog’s body heat although it may not be suitable for some types of dogs that prefer to sleep in a more open place.
- Self-heating beds
Self-heating beds are quickly gaining traction in the market due to their convenience in keeping pets like dogs warm without the need for electricity. Consequently, self-heating beds are one of the most economical winter dog beds. The technology used in this bed allows it to trap the heat radiating from the pet’s body and then reflects it to the pet, in this case, the dog.
- Electrically-heated beds
This is the warmest dog bed by virtue of its source of heating. Electric beds may have either a pre-set thermostat or an adjustable thermostat. They also have an enclosed heating source which requires to be plugged into a wall outlet. In as much as this is by far the warmest bed by any standard, it has the disadvantage of not warming when not plugged into an electric power source. To put it in another way, power outage affects its efficiency.
Features to consider before buying the best dog bed for winter
The following are essential product features that you should consider before buying a winter dog bed.
a) Quality of the material used to make the bed
While this may appear to be the most sensible thing to do when making any purchase, it is an important consideration that you should never ignore in winter beds. See, winters are freezing periods where most people, pets included, spend most of the time indoors. Your dog will, therefore, spend most of his time sleeping and curling in the bed. If the material is of low quality, then it will deform after a short period, or worse still, provide insufficient insulation.
Your dog’s size should determine the appropriate bed size that gives him an extra space to stretch his body comfortably. Your dog won’t remain warm in a small bed if the bed which makes his legs hang out of the bed or rest on the floor.
c) Heating element
Winter seasons are cold, and therefore your dog bed may require an additional heating element. An electric source is desirable; though, you can consider self-warming beds that do not require electricity sources like Aspen Pet Self Warming Beds. If the two options above are untenable, consider enclosed beds or stuffed, raised traditional beds to boost the level of warmth to keep your dog healthy and comfortable.
In conclusion, getting a suitable best dog bed for winter requires due diligence on the part of the dog owner. This may involve taking the right measurement of your dog and considering the specific needs of your dog’s breed. For instance, greyhounds have a thin fur coat and thus require a bed that has thick foam, warm and soft. In addition to these features, you should also consider bed ramps for dogs to help your little friend climb up and down his bed without the fear of joint injury.
Also check out these amazing cave dog beds.