Top 15 Dog Beds for Labs-Reviews
Finding the best dog bed for a Labrador may be hectic, given the unique sleeping requirements for the large dog breed as compared to its smaller peers. Labradors love to curl up, thus their beds must be large enough and equally comfortable to support their muscles and joints. Dog beds for labradors are offered in the market in a variety of designs, sizes, materials and prices. In this article, we have selected the top 15 dog beds for labs based on their high quality and positive customer reviews on Amazon.
1. FurHaven Pet Dog Bed
Weight: 5.05 pounds (Large)
Colors: Clay, Espresso and Grey
Best Use: For Large Dog Breeds weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Removable and machine-washable cover.
- Water-resistant poly-canvas base panel.
- Dense, medical-grade foam.
- Contoured design.
The Furhaven Microvelvet Luxe Lounger’s contoured design with raised ends cradles your labrador and provides support for the neck and back. Moreover, it is large enough for your dog gets to enjoy maximum comfort. Its features make it specially adapted for the sleeping requirements for a labrador, hence it is one of the best dog bed options for labs.
- The removable and machine-washable cover allows easy cleaning.
- It is made of softy quilted micro velvet lining with a light padding.
- Easy on joints and provides therapeutic support for the back and neck.
- Not recommended for heavy chewers.
2.Laifug Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed
Weight: 18.2 pounds
Colors: Chocolate and Slate Grey.
Best Use: Compatible with any breed, Labrador Retriever, Boxer, Pitbull, Husky, Wolfhound, and Newfoundland dogs weighing below 200 pounds.
- Beautifully designed with double pillows
- Removable water-resistant cover with a waterproof liner
- Strong, durable memory foam fill for extra support
- Soft and comfortable microfiber covers.
The Laifug Orthopedic Memory Foam Extra Large Dog Bed is the best bed choice for a lab that loves to cuddle. It provides excellent support and relief to dogs suffering from joint pain as well as those recovering from surgery or dealing with conditions such as hip dysplasia, arthritis, bone and muscle disorders. In addition to, this bed comes with a three-year warranty if it does not retain 90% of its shape.
- It has a removable, easy-to-wash cover that is lined with waterproof material.
- Made of firm memory foam which retains 90% of its shape even after 3 years of use.
- Provides support to dogs with arthritis, hip dysplasia, as well as those recovering from surgery.
- Not suitable for teething and scratching dogs.
Best alternative dog bed for labs product at Chewy.com
3.Big Barker Orthopedic Dog Bed for Large Dogs
Weight: 15 pounds (Large)
Colors: Burgundy, Charcoal Grey, Khaki, and Chocolate.
Best Use: Recommended for dogs that are bellow 25 inches in height.
- 7” of American made therapeutic foam
- Machine washable microfiber cover
- Specially designed for large dog breeds
Gift your lovely Labrador with some sound night sleep with the the Big Barker Orthopedic Dog Bed, a great dog bed that supports heavy dogs. The special design and the 7″ American-made foam matress has a therapeutic effect on your labrador’s joints and back. Washing is hassle-free because the dog bed comes with a machine-washable microfiber cover. Furthermore, a ten-year warranty is offered for each dog bed, making it a viable long-lasting solution.
- Made of great quality therapeutic foam that will not flatten easily.
- Easy to clean because it is machine washable.
- The cover is made of soft microfiber fabric for extra comfort and warmth.
- A bit pricey but worth every penny.
4. PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed
Weight: 15.04 Pounds (Large).
Colors: Chocolate Brown, Slate Gray, and Sandstone with Plush.
Best Use: It can comfortably support a dog weighing 100 plus pounds.
- It is made of orthopedic memory foam
- Smooth breathable cover made of 35% cotton and 65% polyester
- Removable easy to clean outer cover
- Has a waterproof liner
Featuring premium materials crafted into a great bed design, the PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed is a dream dog bed for your large, aging or sickly labrador. The orthopedic memory base foam serves to reduce joint and muscle pain as well as support the labrador’s entire body weight. On the other hand, its smooth, breathable cover made of plush cotton and polyester provides heavenly comfort for your furry friend. Also, this high-quality bed comes with a two-year warranty.
- The cover is zippered for easy removal when you need to clean it.
- The cover is made of self-warming material.
- The memory foam has medium firmness which makes it both strong and comfortable.
- The headrest loses its firmness with time.
5.Armarkat Pet Bed Mat
Weight: 9.8 Pounds (Extra Large).
Best Use: Can support dogs weighing over to 100Lbs.
- Made of heavy-duty canvas combined with soft plush on the top part
- Non-skid bottom
- Has extra polyfill for extra comfort and support
- It has a waterproof lining.
The Armarkat Pet Bed Mat is everything comfort, especially for aging dogs or those with muscle pain or arthritis. A combination of heavy-duty canvas with soft plush lining at the top and extra polyfill gives great support for your lab’s muscles and joints. The Armarkat Pet Bed Mat serves two purposes; to give a lot of comfort and warmth to your lab dog for all seasons.
- It is made of durable yet plush materials.
- It has a removable cover for easy cleaning.
- The cushion is generously filled to provide extra support for heavy animals.
- The Plush top can shed off after some time especially, after a few washes.
6.The Dog’s Bed, Premium Orthopedic Foam Dog Beds
Weight: 10.4 Pounds (Extra Large)
Colors: Grey Plush, Brown Plush, Grey with Black trim, and Grey with Blue trim.
Best Use: This bed is suitable for use by dogs weighing up to 100 pounds.
- The cover is made of faux fur on top and suede for the sides
- Protective, waterproof inner layer
- Premium-Quality Memory foam
The Dog’s Bed, Premium Orthopedic Waterproof Memory Foam Dog Beds combines high-quality material and top-notch creative designs. Featuring a faux fur top and sides made of durable suede materials, this dog bed is build to be as comfortable as it is long-lasting. Moreover, the inner side is lined with a waterproof material to protect the bed from leak accidents. With this dog bed, you’re guaranteed quality and longevity as well as luxuriant sleep for your labrador.
- The bed has a removable cover which is machine-washable.
- The orthopedic memory foam is great for joints and also provides support to bones.
- It is a good bed for labradors recovering from surgery.
- Unsuitable for chewing dogs
Alternative Best dog bed for labs on Chewy.com
7.Majestic Pet Products Pet Bed
Weight: 8.9 pounds (Large).
Colors: Black, Blue, Burgundy, Gray, Green, Khaki, and Red.
Best Use: Perfect dog bed for Large-sized dogs weighing 45-70 pounds.
- High Loft Premium Polyester Fill
- Sherpa Top material
- Removable machine-washable outer cover.
This Majestic Pet Bed features generous polyester fill which makes the bed puffy and extremely comfortable. The top part is made of Sherpa material which is both warm and soft. The bed design allows the dog to cuddle, curl up or even stretch out. Your lab dog will definitely enjoy this bed.
- It is made of warm outer materials.
- Has a generous Polyester fill material for extra support and comfort.
- The outer cover is easy to remove and clean.
- Not recommended for chewing dogs.
8.Dog Bed King Pet Bed
Weight: 9 Pounds (Extra Large).
Color: Beige/Cream, Brown Cream, Black/Cream, Brown/Brown, Burgundy/Cream, Navy Blue/Cream, and Plaid/ cream.
Best Use: For pets weighing up to 100 pounds or multiple smaller pets.
- 2 Inches thick foam base and a thick interior
- Easy to remove, machine-washable cover
- Supportive solid foam collar.
The Dog Bed King Pet Bed is a great choice for labradors who love to cuddle. The thick memory foam base and thick interior makes it an amazingly comfortable dog bed, while the removable cover makes cleaning much more convenient. It is important to note that this product is very popular among customers, having seen numerous positive customer reviews.
- The foam base and thick interior give your lab extra support.
- The cover is easily removable for easy washing.
- Best recommended for dogs that love to snuggle and cuddle.
- The base nylon material is not very strong.
9.Dogbed4less Orthopedic Foam Bed
Weight: 11 pounds (Extra Large).
Colors: Micro Suede in Brown and Micro Suede in Khaki.
Best Use: For large breed dogs weighing up to 100 pounds.
- High-quality and durable suede fabric cover with anti-slip bottom
- Hypo-allergenic, top-rated gel-infused memory foam
- Waterproof internal cover layer.
- Easy to remove, machine washable outer cover
The Dogbed4less Orthopedic, Gel Infused Cooling Memory Foam Bed is made of high-quality and durable materials to give your favorite pet both comfort and therapeutic support. It features an anti-slip bottom to prevent skidding, a hypo-allergenic, top-rated and gel-infused memory foam for maximum comfort. The Dogbed4less dog bed also comes with an extra outer suede cover for your convenience.
- Waterproof cover protects the dog bed from leak accidents.
- The Gel Infused Memory foam has a cooling effect and prevents overheating of the bed.
- The removable outer cover is dirt, stain and wrinkle resistant.
- The internal waterproof cover is not machine washable because it loses its permeability.
Alternative best dog bed for labs on Chewy.com
10. KOPEKS Deluxe Orthopedic Foam Sofa Lounge
Weight: 11.15pounds (Large).
Best Use: For Dogs Weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Soft, plush suede, anti-skid bottom
- 5-inch removable memory foam bottom cushion with a raised, 7-inch, sofa-like headrest
- Waterproof covers
- Zippered removable cover that is machine-washable
Gift you your Labrador with the large and sturdy KOPEKS Deluxe Orthopedic Memory Foam Sofa Lounge Dog Bed. The 5-inch memory foam provides maximum support and is recommended for dogs with hip dysplasia, arthritis, joint, and muscle stiffness. One unique feature of the KOPEKS Deluxe Orthopedic Dog Bed is its removable cushion. Ensure that you check the right size for your lab before placing your order.
- The top cover is made of soft plush suede for warmth and comfort.
- an easy-to-clean, removable cover.
- The firm, orthopedic memory foam provides extra support.
- With time, the cushion may start slipping out of place.
11. Deluxe CoCo Chic Pet Bed by MidWest Homes for Pets
Weight: 2.25 pounds (Large).
Colors: Gray, Mocha, and CoCo Chic.
Best Use: for dogs weighing between 71-90 pounds.
- Non-skid bottom material
- Luscious super soft synthetic fur top surface
- Machine washable
- Overstuffed Poly-fiber Cushion
The Deluxe CoCo Chic Pet Bed by MidWest Homes for Pets bed is designed for convenience with its tufted, plush, poly-fiber filled cushion that is durable, stylish and machine-washable. Your labrador will love the comfort, warmth and sound sleep the Deluxe CoCo Chic Pet Bed gives. It can be used at home or in the crate or for traveling.
- This bed has a strong construction which makes it durable.
- Made of luscious, super-soft synthetic fur for warmth and comfort.
- 100% machine washable for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Non-skid bottom to ensure that the dog bed is kept in place on hard and slippery surfaces.
- The cushion is overstuffed with poly-fiber to give your furry friend the support it needs while resting or sleeping.
- It comes in a variety of colors and five different sizes.
- This bed is not waterproof.
- It is not recommended for chewing and scratching dogs.
12. JoicyCo Dog Bed Large Foam Dog Bed Mat
Wight: 2.35 (Large).
Colors: Grey and Blue.
Best Use: For Medium and Large Dog Breeds weighing up to 100 pounds.
- The surface is made of soft fleece plush fabric
- Thick foam mattress cushion
- Bed pillow design
- Removable zippered cover
- Can be machine or hand washed
- Non-slip bottom cover
The JoicyCo Dog Beds is new product that has so far taken the dog bed market by a storm. Its high-quality and excellent features explain why it is very popular and highly rated by customers, though it has been on sale for a short time. The average star rating on this product is 4.9 out of 5 stars. The customers seemed to like the bed as well as their dogs. The soft, plush fleece surface provides warmth while the thick matress cushion provides maximum support to your dog. Likewise, the dog pillow is specially designed to help your dog relive his neck and spine from pressure. Additionally, the zippered cover can be easily cleaned, either by hand or using a machine.
- Soft, plush fleece surface gives your dog the warmth and baby soft feel.
- The thick mattress cushion provides your dog with much-needed support.
- Its pillow bed design ensures that your dog is able to relieve pressure on its neck and spine.
- Easy to clean by hand or using a washing machine.
- The non-slip bottom ensures that the bed is able to stay on its place even on a slippery wooden or ceramic floor.
- The bed has no waterproof liner.
Alternative best dog bed for labs on Chewy.com
13.PETMAKER Orthopedic Sherpa Top Pet Bed
Weight: 9.1 Pounds (X-Large).
Colors: Brown, Gray, and Tan.
Best Use: Recommended for dogs and pets weighing 65-100 pounds.
- Water-resistant non-slip bottom
- Warm, soft high-quality Sherpa top
- The orthopedic foam which is a combination of high density and memory foams
- Easy to remove the zippered cover
The PETMAKER Orthopedic Sherpa TopPet Bed, guarantees your labrador maximum support and comfort, especially if he/she suffers from arthritis or joint pain. The two-layer foam design provides comfort and support. In addition to, the PETMAKER Orthopedic Sherpa TopPet Bed is made of durable materials and comes with a ‘return and refund’ policy if you are not satisfied with the product. The dog bed also come in a variety of colors and sizes for you to choose from.
- Water-resistant and non-slip bottom
- Orthopedic foam guarantees comfort and support to arthritic dogs as well as those with joint problems.
- The cover is removable for easy cleaning in the washing machine.
- The bed has a strong construction and comes with a customer satisfaction guarantee.
- The bed is not recommended for dogs with teething behavior.
14. Sealy Lux Quad Layer Orthopedic Dog Bed
Weight: 15.6 pounds (Large).
Colors: Autumn Brown, Military Green, Modern Gray and Navy.
Best Use: For Medium-sized dogs.
- Premium orthopedic dog bed with quad element foam
- Curved bolster bed design
- Odor absorbing pro-charcoal base
- Removable machine washable cover
The Sealy Lux Quad Layer Orthopedic Dog Bed is arguably one of the most beautiful and durable dog beds in the market. It has unique features such as the cooling energy gel that keeps your dog cool, and has the ability to conform with your dog’s body shape for extra comfort. The pro-charcoal base absorbs odor, thus keeping your dog’s beddings fresh. In addition to, the Sealy Lux Quad Layer Orthopedic Dog Bed has a unique, strong and durable construction. It is, by far, a worthwhile investment for your labrador
- Strong, durable construction.
- The odor absorbing pro-charcoal base ensures that the bed is always fresh.
- The cooling energy gel helps to keep your dog cool and dry while it sleeps.
- its curved bolster design allows your dog to curl up for easy support and sleep.
- Zipped cover which is easy to remove and wash in the washing machine.
- The bed is a bit stiff.
15. Orchid Stone Dog Bed
Weight: 12.3 Pounds (X-Large).
Best Use: Can comfortably accommodate a pet weighing 75-100 pounds.
- Dual foam system for comfort and support
- Chew resistant Oxford suede covers
- Non-slip bottom
- 3 sides detachable bolster lounge
- Removable machine washable cover
- Orthopedic memory foam.
The Orchid Stone Dog Bed, made of Oxford suede, is a chew resistant and long-lasting dog bed for labradors. The 3-sided detachable bolster gives your dog security, comfort, and support while cuddling. The bottom is made of non-slip material while the cover is removable and machine-washable. Moreover, the double orthopedic foam provides maximum support to your pet’s joints and bones.
- This bed gives your pet a sense of security, warmth, and comfort with its bolster design.
- The bed is durable because it is made of chew-resistant oxford suede material.
- Non-slip bottom ensures that your pet is safe as the bed will be kept in place.
- The removable and machine-washable cover is easy to clean.
- This bed does not have a waterproof lining.
Besides Best Dog Beds for Labs, you’d also consider Best Memory Foam Dog Beds.
Shopping Tips For Buying A Lab Dog’s Bed
To begin with, given that labradoes are medium-sized dogs, finding the right size is important to ensure that your dog is comfortable. As a matter of fact, an inappropriate bed size is the beginning of your misfortunes.
Secondly, a good bed for large breed dogs is one that is able to provide extra joint support because of their heavy weight. Moreover, it should be firm enough but again soft and comfortable.
It is equally important for you to ensure you buy a bed that is made of strong durable material that can withstand several washes and serve your dog for ages.
In the same vain, choose the best bed that is within your budget. There’s no need to go for super-expensive option yet you can find affordable, high-quality dog beds
I hope that this review has been insightful in your quest to find the best dog bed for labs. Feel free to contact us for any questions or assistance.