Top 10 Best Dog Mats for Bowls
Every dog owner could use a dog feeding mat. No one expects their little pooch to keep neat and tidy when eating or drinking from a bowl. With a messy dog, the pet parent will always be cleaning the area around the dog bowl to keep scraps from littering the floor. With a good mat, you will save yourself the time it takes to wipe the floors free from drips and crumbs. While dog mats need not to be fancy or costly, they should at least be practical and functional. We took our time to review the top 10 best dog mats for food bowls, to help you choose from the large variety available.
First, let’s discuss the top features you should look for in a dog mat.
Crucial Features to Consider When Buying a Dog Feeding Mat
The main reason for getting a dog mat is to protect your floors. Therefore, you want a material that will prevent food and liquids from seeping into the floor. The most common materials for feeding mats include silicone, plastic, absorbent fabric and rubber. The material on your choice of mat should also be FDA approved so it doesn’t pose any health risks in case your dog accidentally licks it. The mat should also be non-slip to steadily hold the food and water in place, preventing spillage. Silicon and rubber mats are the most common since they are easier to clean.
Find a mat that can comfortably accommodate your dog’s food and water bowls. The mat should come with an allowance for any mess that your pup will make while feeding. You should also find one that matches your dog’s size. Larger dogs will make a huge mess when using a small place mat. Mats come in a wide range of sizes, so you won’t have a problem finding one that suits your dog’s needs.
Ease of Cleaning
The main purpose of having a mat is to avoid the need of constantly scrubbing your floors. Find a mat with suitable material that makes it easy to clean. Find one that only requires a quick rinse with plain water. You could also find one that is dishwasher-safe or can be cleaned in a washing machine.
Pick a mat that is 100% waterproof. This way, your mat will stop liquids from seeping onto your floor, which may eventually cause problems within the floor structure.
The mat should be able to withstand the wear and tear caused by your dog’s movements. Most dogs will try to chew on their food mat, therefore you should either find one that is hard to chew or has an unpleasant taste that will deter dogs from further chewing.
Finish, Color and Patterns
While the overall appearance of the mat may be of no importance to your dog, you should go for a mat that compliments the décor in your home.
The Top 10 Best Dog Mats for Food Bowls
|Hoki Found Dog Food Mat||Buy On Amazon|
|iPrimio Dog Feeding Mat||Buy On Amazon|
|DogBuddy Dog Food Mat||Buy On Amazon|
|Loving Pets Bella Mats for Dogs||Buy On Amazon|
|Humble Pet Food Mat||Buy On Amazon|
|Gefry Pet Mat Feeding Tray||Buy On Amazon|
|PetFusion Pet Food Mat||Buy On Amazon|
|Easylogy Pet Premium Tray||Buy On Amazon|
|Bone Dry Natural Mat||Buy On Amazon|
|Super Design Silicone Place Mat||Buy On Amazon|
1. Hoki Found Dog Food Mat
- Size: 7″ x 11.8”
- Made of Waterproof, Silicone Material
- Raised Edges to Prevent Spillovers
- Non-Skid Bottom
- Dishwasher Safe for Easy Cleaning
Hoki offers this waterproof, non-toxic option to keep your floors clean while feeding your pet. The Hoki Found Dog Mat is non-toxic, hypoallergenic and FDA approved, making it completely safe for your dog. It is made of high-quality silicone which makes it heat-resistant and easy to clean using the dishwasher. The waterproof finish also makes the mat easy to clean with some water and a washcloth. It is ideal for laminate floors that can suffer water damage since its outer edges are raised, improving its ability to contain spillage.
- Anti-slip construction for stability when feeding
- Easy to clean and Dishwasher safe
- Raised Lips to contain spillovers
- FDA Approved Which Ensures Pet Safety
2. iPrimio Dog Feeding Mat
- Size: 22” x 14” x 0.3”
- Made of High-Grade FDA Approved Silicone
- Raised Outer Edges
- Dishwasher Safe
- Anti-Slip Bumps for Stability
This handy mat from iPrimio makes our top 10 best feeding dog mats list because of its ingenious design. The mat features embossed paw logos, which help prevent slipping while making the mat aesthetically appealing. It also comes in two sizes, making it the ideal fit for small and medium sized breeds. The Silicone material is waterproof and durable, which means your dog can enjoy using the mat for a long time. It features a two-layer construction which help keep your pet clean by trapping extra litter from your dog’s paws and storing it between the layers.
- Raised Edge Reduces Spillovers
- High-quality, Durable, Waterproof Silicone Material.
- Traps Extra Litter from Your Dog, keeping them Clean
- Tends to be Slippery
3. DogBuddy Dog Food Mat
- Size: Small- 24” x 16” x 0.6”, Large- 19” x 11.8” x 0.6”
- Colors: Neutral Grey, Black and Aqua
- Raised Outer Lip to Prevent Messy Spillage
- Safe, Silicone Material
This mat by DogBuddy comes in two sizes, making it easy to choose one suitable for your pet. It’s compact, slim design allows your dog to access its food bowl without stepping on the mat. The mat also comes with anti-slip bottom which prevents the bowl and crumbs from falling off. It is made of Silicone material, free from BPA, PVC and Phthalate. This means the mat can be used for dogs with sensitivity and allergies. It is also easy to clean, as you can wipe after each use, and is dishwasher safe.
- FDA Approved, 100% Safe Material
- Easy to Wash/Wipe
- Can Accommodate Medium and Large Dogs
- Anti-Slip Construction
4. Loving Pets Bella Mats for Dogs
- Size: Small- 18.2 x 13.1 x 1 inches, Large- 23.4 x 17.4 x 1.2 inches
- Stylish, Bone-Like Construction
- Raised Outer Edge
- Hypoallergenic, BPA-free Material
This stylish mat makes our top 10 best dog mats list because it’s designed to keep your pup happy when feeding. The unique design also keeps the mat stable while the dog is feeding. The Loving Pets Mat is FDA approved since the product does not contain any harmful chemicals, and does not produce any odors that may discourage your dog while eating. It’s construction also features raised edges to keep spillage on the mat, not the floor. This bowl is also lightweight, making it ideal for when you’re travelling with your pooch.
- Easy to Clean
- Raised Edges Minimize Spillage
- Pervious to Water
5. Humble Pet Food Mat
- Size: 24” × 16” × 0.5”
- FDA Approved Silicone Material
- Simple, Sleek Design
- Easily cleaned, Soft, Sturdy Material
- Anti-Slip Design for Stability
The Humble Pet Tray packs a wide range of useful and practical features that grab it a spot on our top 10 best dog mats for feeding bowls list. It comes in a generous large size that can comfortably accommodate your dog’s food and water bowls. The Silicone material is FDA approved, which means you can use it on all dog breeds without triggering allergic reactions. It has bumps on the underside to prevent slipping. The outer edges are raised 0.5”, which keeps spilled food and drinks from getting to the floor.
- Easy to clean/Dishwasher Safe
- Non-slip bottom improves stability
- Hypoallergenic Silicone Material
- Comes with a 2-Month Warranty
6. Gefry Pet Mat Feeding Tray
- Size: 18.5” × 11.8” × 0.5”
- Non-toxic, BPA free Silicone Material
- Easy-to-Clean, Quick-dry finish
- Raised Outer Edge to Prevent Spillage
- Ideal for Pets of All Ages
The Gefry feeding tray is ideal for small-to-medium size pets. It is made of heavy duty rubber-like silicone which prevents spillages, and is non-toxic so it can be used on all dog breeds. It is designed to be flexible and portable, as you can roll it up when on the move.
- Robust, Durable Material
- Easy to Clean and Store
- Hypoallergenic, Non-toxic material suitable for all pets
- Flexible, roll-up design for easy travel
- Heat sensitive
7. PetFusion Pet Food Mat
- Sizes: Small- 18 x 12 x 0.3 Inches, Large- 24 x 16 x 0.4 inches, Extra Large- 34 x 23 x 1.5 inches
- High-Grade Silicone Material
- Easy to Clean/Dishwasher Safe
- Raised Outer Edge
This mat by PetFusion makes our top 10 best dog mats list due to its anti-microbial properties. Couple this with the fact that it is constructed using FDA approved, waterproof silicone, you get a mat guaranteed to keep your dog’s feeding area sanitary. Its entire surface is covered with raised bumps to improve traction and stability.
- Anti-microbial properties
- 100% Waterproof
- Raised Bumps reduce slip
- Dishwasher safe
- 100% non-toxic material
- Curvy edge makes it difficult to fit in corners
8. Easylogy Pet Premium Tray
- Size: 17.5 x 14 x 1 inches
- Safe, non-toxic polypropylene material
- Easy to Clean
- Anti-slip design for improved stability
This tray is made of eco-friendly polypropylene material which is non-toxic and safe even for dogs with sensitivity issues. It’s top surface is elegantly lined with ridges that prevent food bowls from toppling over. Its underside is also skid proof which minimizes the chances of spillage during eating.
- Resistant to mold and odors
- Eco-friendly, recycled material
- Anti-Slip Construction
- Rigid- not easily transported
9. Bone Dry Natural Mat
- Sizes: Small- 17.7” × 10”, Large- 24” × 14”
- Raised Circular Edges to Secure Bowls
- Rubber Material
- Non-slip and Spill Proof
This high-quality rubber mat comes with textures that keep it from sliding around your floor during feeding. It is made with strong, durable, recycled rubber that is both long-lasting and eco-friendly. The highly absorbent construction keeps your pet dry when feeding and laying in its crate.
- Easy to Clean
- Environmentally friendly
- Rigid Construction
10. Super Design Silicone Place Mat
- Size: 20.5” × 14.5”
- Silicone Material
- Anti-skid design for floor protection
- Flexible for Easy Transportation
This stylish mat finishes our top 10 best dog mats list due to its affordability, ease of cleaning and portability. It is available in four colors: black, pink, blue and orange, meaning you can find one that matches your décor. It is large enough to fit most pet bowls, and has raised edges to keep spilled food and water off the floor.
- FDA Approved Silicone material, safe for all dogs.
- Raised Edges protect the floor
- Available in various colors
- Comes in one size
We hope this top 10 best dog mats list serves as the perfect companion while you search for an option that reduces messes around feeding time. Find a mat that best suits you and your dog’s needs while ensuring your floor stays spill-free. A good mat will protect your floors while also cutting down the time and effort it takes to clean up after your pet.