Dog Beds for Greyhounds
Greyhounds belong to the regal dog’s family and are known to be one of the fastest dogs in the world and are good hunters as well. Owing to this fact, they are likely to get tired at the end of a busy day, and would love to have a solid rest on a comfortable dog bed. For this reason, as a loving pet dog owner, you have to pick the best dog bed having considered your dog’s health, age, and size. It is important to point out that the type of bed that you get for your dog will determine how healthy and active your loyal friend remains. We have taken into account all the factors necessary in our list of the top best dog beds for greyhounds that are worth every penny you spend.
|PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed||Buy On Amazon|
|Brindle Soft Memory Foam Dog Bed||Buy On Amazon|
|Kuranda Indoor Elevated Dog Bed||Buy On Amazon|
|Brindle 4" Solid Memory Foam Orthopedic Dog Bed||Buy On Amazon|
|Big Barker 7" Pillow Top Orthopedic Dog Bed||Buy On Amazon|
|Furhaven Pet Dog Bed||Buy On Amazon|
|BarksBar Gray Orthopedic Dog Bed||Buy On Amazon|
|KOPEKS Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed||Buy On Amazon|
|PETMAKER Orthopedic Sherpa Top Pet Bed||Buy On Amazon|
|Armarkat Pet Bed Mat||Buy On Amazon|
Top 10 Best Dog Beds for Greyhounds
1.PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed
Weight: 35.3 Pounds
Color: Chocolate Brown, Sandstone and Slate Gray
Best Use: Recommended for large dog breeds weighing up to 200Lbs
- Made of polyester and cotton twill with a memory foam base for maximum comfort.
- Polyfill bolsters for support.
- Replacement covers are also available upon purchase.
- Water-resistant and non-skid underside.
- Machine-washable cover.
- An inner, waterproof white liner surrounds the memory foam mattress.
- Meets standards set by European safety standards.
- Made using premium and pet safe materials.
PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed tops our list of the best dog bed for Greyhounds. It is stylish and features a six-inch memory foam that provides your canine friend with a cozy warm spot to rest. This dog bed also stands out due to its tear resistant cover, which is also waterproof. This luxurious dog bed is a perfect fit if you are looking for a durable bed with great bolstered design suitable for Greyhounds with arthritic joints.
- Easy to clean and wash
- Amazing aesthetics
- Comfortable and durable cover
- Improves your dog’s health thanks to the memory foam base
- Has a short warranty for such a high price
2. Brindle Soft Memory Foam Dog Bed
Weight: 12.4 Pounds
Color: Khaki, Red, Stone, and Teal
Best Use: Ideal for Extra Large dog breeds
- Comprises of a 3-inch layer of orthopedic, shredded memory foam which relieves painful joints and increases air circulation.
- Lightweight, this makes it easy to carry around and install in dog crates.
- Removable microsuede cover.
- It comes with a 3-year warranty.
The Brindle Soft Memory Foam Dog Bed is arguably the most comfortable dog bed in the market. Like us, dogs also require a breathable, soft and cozy bed for a good nap. One salient feature of this bed is its three-inch shredded orthopedic memory foam, which allows air to circulate within it seamlessly and is also comfortable enough for your pup. Additionally, the bed has a high-quality micro-suede removable cover, which makes its cleaning quick and easy.
- Soft and comfortable dog bed
- Easy to clean dog bed
- Portable which makes it suitable for camping and traveling
- Lacks a non-skid underside, therefore, accidents may occur
3. Kuranda Indoor Elevated Dog Bed
Weight: 15.7 Pounds
Color: Birch Forest, Forest Green, Royal Blue, and Sierra
Best Use: Suitable for heavy dogs weighing up to 100Lbs
- Made of sturdy PVC which supports heavy dogs.
- Elevated pet bed which maintains cool and warm temperatures.
- Vinyl weave that’s waterproof and allows proper air circulation.
- It comes with a one year warranty on frames.
- Easy to clean.
Kuranda Indoor Elevated Dog Bed is a simple yet very effective dog bed for Greyhounds to escape the cold floors. It comes in different sizes and materials for you to choose from. Moreover, the all-aluminum type is ideal for heavy dogs that weigh over 100 pounds with a maximum weight capacity of 250 pounds.
- Works great with potential chewers
- High-quality pet bed made in the USA
- Available in up to six different sizes
- This bed is not suitable for outdoor use
- Anxious dogs may find it difficult climbing on this bed
Best alternative on Chewy.Com: K&H indoor elevated dog bed
4. Brindle 4″ Solid Memory Foam Orthopedic Dog Bed
Size: Small, Medium and Large.
Color: Charcoal Velour, Charcoal/Black, Khaki, Mocha Blue, Navy Trellis and Red Sherpa.
Best Use: Recommended for dogs weighing up to 75Lbs.
- It’s a 4-inch thick bed which comprises of 2 inches of high-density support foam and 2 inches of comfort memory foam.
- The fabric cover is laced with a waterproof encasement which prevents accidents and spills.
- Zippered velour cover that’s hair and dirt resistant.
- Hypoallergenic in nature which fends off dust mites.
- It comes with a 3-year warranty.
- Non-slip bottom.
Pamper your loyal canine friend with this Brindle four-inch Solid Memory Foam Orthopedic Dog Bed. Unlike the rest of memory foam orthopedic dog beds, these beds come in two separate two-inch foam sheets. The top has 2-inch-thick solid memory foam, whereas the bottom features a 2-inch-thick structural foam.
This design ensures that your dog has a soft and comfy place to curdle and enjoy a sound sleep. It is therefore ideal for relieving joint pains and provides excellent support for dogs with hip dysplasia and arthritis. Moreover, the water-resistant removable cover protects your bed from accidental spillage.
- Its waterproof nature ensures safety of your dog
- Durable and soft
- Can perfectly fit in dog crates
- It lacks bolsters for head and neck support
5. Big Barker 7″ Pillow Top Orthopedic Dog Bed
Weight: 13.16 Pounds
Color: Burgundy, Charcoal Gray, Chocolate and Khaki
Best Use: Ideal for extra-large dogs
- Made of therapeutic foam that won’t flatten over long periods of use.
- Microfiber cover that’s soft in nature.
- Contoured foam for the headrest.
- High-quality pet bed made in the USA.
- Machine washable.
- It comes with a 10-year warranty.
Big Barker seven inch Pillow Top Orthopedic Dog Bed is just what you may be looking for your big canine friend. Its ten-year non-flatten guarantee makes it one of the most sought after dog beds for stout canines in the market today. It is equally important to note that this beautiful dog bed is suitable for arthritic older dogs or dogs already suffering from hip dysplasia. Furthermore,the high-quality microfiber of which the Big Barker is made of is machine-washable for your conveneince while cleaning.
- A long warranty of 10 years.
- Durable and comfortable
- Easy to clean
- Offers amazing orthopedic support for ailing joints
- The bed is too firm which makes it unsuitable for smaller dog breeds
6. Furhaven Pet Dog Bed
Weight: 13.01 Pounds
Color: Plush Clay/Deep Pool/Espresso/Gray, Gray, Luxury French Roast/Stone Gray, Espresso and Deep Pool
Best Use: Recommended for large-sized dogs weighing up to 125Lbs
- Comprises of a thick mattress cushion which is topped up with faux fur.
- Silken suede bolsters that allow sleep in different positions.
- Thick foam base for warmth and comfort.
- Reinforced with recycled fluffy railings which ease painful joints.
- Removable cover that is machine-washable.
This Orthopedic dog bed has an exceptional design that makes it suitable for dogs who love to cuddle and burrow themselves in a cozy, comfortable place. The thick mattress cushion and silken suede bolsters make it among the best Dog beds for greyhounds for maximum head-body rest. This dog bed, with its three bolstered sides and egg crate foam base, provides a unique combination suitable for relieving joint pressure, thus a natural remedy for arthritis and hip dysplasia.
- Easy to clean
- Sleek and luxurious design
- Three-sided bolsters which allows sleep in various positions
- Boosts your dog’s health especially those suffering from arthritis
- Plush fibers come off easily after a period of use
- Not recommended for pets with teething habits
7. BarksBar Gray Orthopedic Dog Bed
Weight: 9.39 Pounds
Color: Quilted Gray
Best Use: Suitable for medium to large-sized dogs weighing up to 100Lbs
- Features a quilted design cover made of ultra-soft polyester.
- Solid orthopedic foam base for comfort and support.
- Comfortable headrest thanks to the cotton-padded rim cushion.
- Non-skid bottom.
- Removable cover.
BarksBar Gray Orthopedic Dog Bed comes with a human grade-orthopedic soft memory foam at the bottom. At the same time, the sides are paddled with thick cotton padding for optimal neck support for your adorable Greyhound. Get this luxurious dog bed if you are looking for a bed able to relieve joint pressure in arthritic dogs. It is also one of the few Dog beds for greyhounds with non-slip rubber at the bottom prevents it from slipping on the floor.
- Firm and supportive design for arthritic or aging dogs
- Heavy-duty foam base
- Safe for your pets
- Easy to clean or wash
- The bolsters get flattened after a while
8. KOPEKS Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed
Weight: 16 Pounds
Color: Brown, Brown- Plush Top and Grey
Best Use: Ideal for pets with arthritic conditions
- Hypo-allergenic premium memory foam.
- Incorporates double layer protection with an interior cover and an exterior zippered waterproof cover.
- Removable cover.
- Non-skid bottom.
- 3-inch bolster for the headrest.
Give your furry friend a special treat with this orthopedic-grade, hypoallergenic memory foam that is used in high-end human mattresses. The quality orthopedic foam used in this dog bed not only makes provide excellent support for a good nap but also helps to relieve pressure in joints for dogs with arthritis and other joint problems. Dog owners love dog beds for greyhounds with removable covers in particular because they are easy to clean plus a waterproof liner that protects the foam from messes.
- Comfortable and soft design
- Durable design due to the double layer protection
- Supportive for ailing pets
- Effective non-skid bottom for safety
- The cover is partly waterproof
9. PETMAKER Orthopedic Sherpa Top Pet Bed
Weight: 9 Pounds
Color: Brown, Gray, and Tan
Best Use: Suited for dogs weighing between 65 to 100Lbs
- Made of polyurethane orthopedic foam which is a combination of high-density foam and memory foam.
- Reinforced with a removable cover made of polyester micro suede and a Sherpa top.
- Non-slip bottom for safety.
- Machine washable.
- Unique and simple design.
For ultimate comfort and rest, get this Orthopedic Sherpa Top Pet Bed that combines memory form and high-density foam for maximum support and durability. This bed is uniquely made with a Sherpa top for extra comfort and warmth in addition to removable machine washable cover. This Petmaker dog bed is one of the Dog beds for greyhounds with a non-slip bottom cover that prevents it from slipping on the hard floor.
- Easy to clean
- Made using high-quality materials which makes it durable
- Relieves pain in aging or arthritic dogs
- Stable hence reducing the occurrence of accidents
- Buyers complained that it comes with a strong smell that hardly fades away
10. Armarkat Pet Bed Mat
Weight: 5.44 Pounds
Best Use: Recommended for large-sized dogs
- Made of heavy-duty canvas with soft plush on top.
- Non-skid and waterproof base.
- Zippered cover for easy removal.
- Waterproof lining.
- Attractive design.
Armarkat Pet Bed Mat is a fuzzy cushy dog bed that you can get for your Greyhound at a reasonable price compared to other beds of the same size and quality. It is made of durable, heavy-duty canvas with soft plush on top for ultimate comfort and rest. Moreover, the top of the bed is made of the faux fur, which is incredibly soft and warm while the bottom and sides have a waterproof liner that protects the foam from an accidental mess.
- Easy to clean
- Slightly affordable
- Available in multiple sizes
- Limited choice of colors
- It loses its shape after a given period
Factors to consider before buying a Greyhound dog bed
Other than the general features that every dog owner should consider before purchasing a dog bed, every dog owner should also consider needs of a specific breed. For this reason, we have compiled a list of the top five factors to consider before buying a dog bed for Greyhounds.
The best dog bed should be made of quality material that can withstand teething and scratching. Any bed that can easily be perforated is not suitable for Greyhounds. So, when shopping for a dog bed for the Greyhounds, consider one that has a durable cover that can withstand the wear-tear of the daily use.
- Orthopedic Foam
Greyhounds are very active dogs that love to run frequently. As a responsible pet dog owner, you would want to protect the joints of your loyal friend to ease the pressure and aches that may develop into arthritis or hip dysplasia. Getting an orthopedic memory foam bed for your Greyhound will ensure that he enjoys optimum rest in a warm and cozy bed.
- Multiple bolsters
Bolsters are particularly useful not only for spinal-head rest and support but also for a safer feeling for nervous Greyhounds. Bolsters should be at least three or four in number for maximum comfort, however, getting a bed with one is far better than a bed with none.
- Warm, cozy bed
Greyhounds are generally slender and have thin coats, characteristics that make them prone to catching a cold. Getting a comfortable, preferably bolstered, is a plus for the Greyhounds while the warmth is good for relieving pressure on joints and aiding blood flow within the bones for a healthier, active dog.
- A removable, washable cover that matches your dog’s coat
Removable bed cover makes the cleaning of the bed smooth, however, getting a bedcover that matches your dog’s coat is essential. See, Greyhounds may not shed its fur as much as other breeds like a German shepherd, though, getting a blending color makes the bedding usable for a reasonably long period before washing it. Frequent washing may wear down the cover much faster than anticipated.
To sum it up, you will agree that getting the best dog bed for Greyhounds in the market may be a challenge due to several options available. So before buying any dog bed for your furry friend, it is essential to consider the size, quality of the material, and its comfort. For the indoor usage, you may consider BarksBar Gray Orthopedic dog bed. This bed features bolstered sides that are good for head-spinal support as well as relieving pressure in joints for arthritic dogs.