If you are a dog lover who loves to bike, you’d want your dog to tag along whenever you are out for a ride. Dogs tend to get tired after some period of strenuous running, and it may be difficult to keep up. This is why you need dog backpack carriers for biking. Unlike dog carrier slings, carrier backpacks affix to your back or chest, allowing your dog to sit upright and stick out their heads and legs. This way, you can keep your dog close to you while retaining your freedom of movement. For the best results, you’ll want a backpack that is safe, comfortable, long-lasting, and affordable. We came up with a list of the 8 best dog backpack carriers to help you find one suitable for your pup.
8 Best Dog Backpack Carriers for Biking
Weight: 3.4 pounds
Colors: Green, Grey, Dark Blue
Best use: Small dogs up to 15 Lbs.
- Oxford cloth material with polyester lining
- Four Hexagonal mesh windows for ventilation and safety
- Includes leash to securely contain your dog
- Padded shoulder straps + chest strap for maximum comfort
- Comes with a waist strap to ease the load
- 30-day warranty
The first on our list for the 8 best dog backpack carriers for biking, the Petsfit carrier backpack is the best for casual use. It comes with a tethered leash that will keep your pet inside while you are on the move. It has four mesh windows, giving your pet access to maximum fresh air. You can open the upper zipper to allow your dog to stick its head out. The zipper is made of nylon teeth and a metal slider, making it durable. The bag is stylish, lightweight, and excellent for short daily use.
- Durable construction
- Easy to store since it folds flat
- The sturdy bottom supports up to 15 lbs. without sagging
- Safety leash may be weak for aggressive dogs
Dimensions: 12 x 10 x 22 inches
Weight: 1.1 Pounds
Colors: Charcoal Grey, Jet Black, Cobalt Blue, Ruby Red, Summer Mint, Light Grey, Navy
Best Use: Small to medium dogs up to 30 lbs.
- Vented cooling side panels for your pet’s comfort
- Adjustable double side pockets for personal items/treats
- Ventilated, water-absorbent shoulder straps and sternum clips for your comfort
- Available in five sizes to fit any small to medium dog breeds
- 60-day quality guarantee
This is one of the highest quality dog carrier backpacks on the market. The K9 AIR Backpack packs plenty of features to improve your comfort and your dog’s safety. It comes with a sternum clip that helps distribute the load directly over your upper body. The backpack also has dual side vents to give your puppy a never-ending supply of fresh air. It is constructed for durability. The K9 has mesh-lined shoulder straps, a strong, easy-pull zipper, and a D-ring to securely hook up your dog’s collar. The K9 AIR backpack can, therefore, hold up on long bike rides and keep your dog comfy the whole time.
- Comes in several sizes and multiple color options
- Durable construction
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Can be used for other carrying purposes
- Lacks a waist belt
Dimensions: 17.7 x 9.8 x 11.8 inches
Weight: 3.28 Pound
Suitable for: Small to medium pets weighing up to 20 Pounds
- High-Quality Oxford Fabric
- 4 Meshes for ventilation
- Airplane approved and comes with seatbelt loops
- Sturdy flexible frames
- Folds for easy storage
- Comes with security zipper locks
- Reflective stripes for night-cycling
- Money-Back Guarantee
The Natuvalle Carrier backpack makes our list of the dog backpack carriers for biking because it is versatile. You can carry it in six different ways depending on how you would like to use it. It comes with sturdy frames that allow for easy folding and storage when not in use. The backpack comes with seatbelt loops, so you can use it as a car seat for your dog. Additionally, the backpack is approved for airplane use, so besides biking, you can enjoy long drives and flights with your pet. The Natuvalle backpack an all-in-one solution for your pet’s traveling needs.
- Versatile, 6-in-1 design
- Folds for easy storage
- The backpack is spacious and well ventilated
- Great for road trips and air travel
- Comes with 1 color option
Dimensions: 12.2 x 15.5 x 23 inches
Weight: 9 Pounds
Color: Red/Black, Black/Grey
Best use: Medium-sized dogs
- Multi-stage telescope handle for ease of movement
- Mesh construction on three sides for ventilation and comfort
- 4-in-1 use: converts to a backpack, roll-around, pet bed, and car seat
- Excellent for air travel
- Inner leash tether for improved safety
- Plastic frame, stitched fabric, and Sherpa padding for improved durability
This roller backpack carrier makes an incredible carrying case for medium-sized dogs. You can use it in four ways: as a backpack, a pet bed, a rolling dog bag, and a car seat. The backpack offers you unmatched flexibility and versatility. While it does not function optimally as a backpack, it has excellent features that allow you to enjoy your dog’s company when biking, hiking, driving, or flying. The backpack is strong and capable of carrying dogs of up to 30 lbs. seamlessly. The backpack is a favorite for many pet lovers, and we know you’ll like it if you find one that fits your dog.
- Comes in three sizes: easy to find one that suits your dog
- Approved for airline travel
- Multiple storage pockets for personal items
- Different color options to match your style preferences
- Rather pricey
Weight: 2.5 pounds
Best use: Small and medium-sized dogs up to 22 lbs.
- 100% polyester material
- Optional mesh tent for adjustable ventilation
- Extra side pockets for added storage
- Easy to Clean and maintain
- Self-locking zippers for improved security
- High-grade components for increased durability
This is one of the highest quality dog backpack carriers for biking currently on the market. The carrier comes with multiple additional pockets, allowing you to store all your personal items, treats, and other supplies you may need for your ride. It comes with an optional mesh tent that you can deploy when you’re not on the move to give your pet more room and fresh air. You do not need specialized equipment and chemicals to clean and maintain this backpack. You can spot clean the fabric with a damp cloth, then hang it on a line to dry. The inside is lined with an easy to remove Berber mat that you can clean and put back in.
- Designed for durability
- Optional mesh tent is stylish and highly breathable
- Additional storage pockets
- Easy to clean and care for
- Limited styling options
Dimensions: 8 x 11 x 10 inches
Weight: 1.4 Pounds
Color: Grey, Blue
Best use: Small to Medium Dog Breeds
- Mesh siding for cooling and ventilation
- 1 front zip pocket for storage
- Interior safety clip to keep your pup safe
- Multiple sizes to support small and medium dog breeds between 6 and 20 lbs.
- Lightweight, durable construction for improved comfort
The Outward Hound Backpack Carrier is one of the 8 best dog backpack carriers for biking due to its rugged construction and safety features. The backpack is capable of carrying most medium dog breeds weighing up to 20 lbs. It also has interior harness clips that attach to your dog’s collar to keep them from jumping out suddenly. The backpack comes with a lightweight mesh that keeps your dog cool and gives them an unlimited supply of fresh air. The backpack also has padded shoulder straps, waist and chest straps to provide you with additional support when carrying. It is made of weather-resistant fabric that ensures you enjoy your pet’s company all day in the outdoors.
- 2 color options for customization
- Rigid bottom for additional support
- Zippered pocket offers extra storage
- Not affordable
- Only performs well with smaller dogs
Weight: 3.6 pounds
Colors: Black, Dark Gray, Heather Gray, Heather Taupe, Light Blue, Light Gray, Pink, Royal Blue, Red
Best Use: Small to medium-sized pets
- High-grade Polyester material for durability
- Padded back and shoulder straps for your comfort
- Rugged, reinforced structure for convenience and the perfect fit
- Thick, Sherpa-lined bedding keeps your pet relaxed and comfortable
- Multiple mesh windows for improved ventilation
- 2 side access points allow convenient entry
- Has a safety buckle and leash for improved safety
The PetAmi Pet Carrier Backpack is designed to keep you and your dog comfortable while hiking and biking. The backpack is engineered for optimum airflow, which means your comfort will travel in comfort. It comes with multiple mesh windows that provide ventilation for your dog in transit. Additionally, the carrier comes with a collapsible bowl, meaning your pet could always fill up on food and water while you are out hiking or biking. It comes with anti-escape mechanisms such as a safety buckle and leash, which prevent your pet from escaping. The bag also has a breathable, padded shoulder strap and a back mesh which prevents discomfort and moisture pooling.
- Rugged, durable construction
- Optimum ventilation
- Convenient for air travel
- High levels of comfort for you and your puppy
- May be too small for some dog breeds. You’ll need to measure your dog before purchasing it.
Weight: 2.8 pounds
Colors: Grey, Orange
Best use: Small dogs up to 15 lbs.
- Expandable to provide room for movement
- 2-side zip openings for easy access
- Multiple mesh windows for improved airflow
- Lightweight, PVC Mesh + high-quality Oxford material
- Built-in safety leash to prevent sudden escape
This backpack is made of transparent and breathable canvas coupled with lightweight Oxford material. It comes with a semi-spherical window that enables optimum ventilation for your pet. It has three sides made of breathable mesh PVC which means your pet gets fresh air and you can check on them periodically. The backpack has a removable cozy mat that makes cleaning a lot easier. It also has chest buckles that help distribute the weight evenly, reducing the burden on your back. Shoulder straps also keep the backpack from slipping when you’re on the move. The construction and materials make this backpack durable and easy to use.
- Stylish aesthetic appeal
- Great ventilation through the breathable mesh
- Comfortable for pet carriers
- Not suitable for edgy, aggressive pets
As we have seen, there are plenty of options available for dog backpack carriers for biking. In this article, we have pinpointed the 8 best dog backpack carriers for your perusal. These should only serve as a guide on what to look for when you are shopping for a pet carrier. Ensure you have your dog’s dimensions before you set out to make your purchase. We hope you have fun biking with your furry friend.